Paradox has announced that Europa Universalis 4's upcoming Leviathan expansion now has a release date set for late April.
Aiming to encourage playing as smaller nations, it adds a number of new economic and diplomatic tools that should make playing tall both more viable and more enjoyable. Having diplomats gain the favor of foreign nations can pave the way to obtaining material aid or having some of your core provinces returned to you, for example.
Here is a detailed list of other features available when Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan launches, as shared by the publisher:
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
The expansion will also be accompanied by a free update that introduces Australian Aboriginal nations, brings changes to the Southeast Asia and North America maps, and more.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan's release date is slated for April 27. You can wishlist it on Steam ahead of launch, and watch its story trailer below.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .