Fallout 76's Season 4 will be the first significant refresh of 2021 for Bethesda's online post-apocalyptic RPG. Provided it follows in the footsteps of its peers, there should be new rewards for players to earn by simply playing the game, alongside a suite of other changes. This makes knowing when its release date occurs fairly important, especially if you've a limited amount of time to brave Appalachia's many dangers.
Bethesda has now revealed the first details about the start and end dates of Fallout 76's Season 4, which will take a bit longer before it hits live servers. In the meantime, Season 3 is still in full swing.
Our initial estimation was that Season 3 would conclude at some point this month, which would have placed Fallout 76's start date also in March. The release of a new season is usually preceded by a PTS update that allows players to test the upcoming changes.
Back in February, Project Lead Jeff Gardiner announced on Twitter that the planned PTS update would be delayed as a result of the inclement weather conditions in Texas.
"Hey #Fallout76 folks. The weather in Austin, Texas (where most of our game is made and supported,) has caused most of the devs to scramble as they've lost power, had burst pipes, and are dealing with historic cold weather in a city that isn't built to handle it," he said.
"As such, our update to PTS will be further delayed. Sadly, I don't have an ETA right now as the situation is touch and go. Expect delays to 'Inside the Vault' as well.
Bethesda later said, on March 4, that it was aiming for a mid-March release for Fallout 76's next PTS update.
"We still need some more time to make sure everything is fully implemented, but we’re getting much closer, and are now planning to re-open the PTS in mid-March. Once we do, you will be able to try out upcoming features, like S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts, C.A.M.P. Slots, the new Daily Ops expansion, and much more."
The developer then confirmed that Fallout 76's Locked and Loaded update would begin its stay on the PTS on March 12. It is currently slated to launch on live servers on April 27, which is also confirmed to be the Fallout 76 Season 4 release date. Its end date would normally be slated for 10 weeks after it begins, provided everything goes according to plan.
- Fallout 76 Season 4 Release Date - April 27
- Fallout 76 Season 4 End Date (GameWatcher Estimation) - July 6
Season 4 introduces a new Scoreboard to Fallout 76, themed around Armor Ace and the Power Patrol's fight against Commissioner Chaos and the Yukon Five, his loyal band of robots. Here are a couple of the rewards you'll earn by going through the upcoming set of 100 ranks:
- Mannequins – Flaunt some of your favorite outfits with a set of male and female Mannequins for your C.A.M.P.
- Power Armor – Align yourself with Commissioner Chaos by stepping into Yukon Five themed Power Armor paints.
- Weapon Skins – Strike fear into your foes with the Death’s Breath Flamer Skin. You’ll also be able to earn new paints for the Gatling Plasma, Lever Action Rifle, and more.
- C.A.M.P. Objects – Farm your very own Honey with the new Beehive. Then, dazzle your visitors with the Tree Branch Chandelier, new Wallpapers, Floors, and even a Gold Toilet!
- Nuka-Cola Collectron – With this new bot in your CAMP, you won’t need to spend any more time scavenging the Wasteland for a refreshing Nuka-Cola.
- Backpack Flairs – Show off your love for the Power Patrol by decorating your backpack with action figures of your favorite characters.
- Tadpole Badges – Fill your Tadpole Scout Sash with even more badges by ranking up, and then turn them in at a Pioneer Scouts Vending Machine to claim Scout-themed rewards.
- Sugar-Free Nukashine – All the benefits of everyone’s favorite party beverage, with none of the syrupy aftertaste (or sudden memory loss)!
- Carry Weight Booster – Take a swig of this buffed up brew to carry an additional 50 pounds for 30 minutes.
We'll keep an eye out and update this article with any news about Fallout 76's Season 4 alongside its release date and rewards as soon as we learn more.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .