Ghost Recon Breakpoint is Ubisoft's latest live-service endeavor, which means they'll be supporting the game for quite some time. Post-launch support will extend outside of the game with Breakpoint's upcoming Delta Company community program.
With Breakpoint stable and available to players across the globe, Ubisoft is moving to engage the game's community. They hope to accomplish this through Delta Company: a compartmentalized approach to player outreach and long-term investment in maintaining a healthy fanbase.
What is Delta Company?
Ubisoft's Breakpoint Delta Company program will enlist players of varying skills and interests to engage with specific parts of their community. There will be five specific detachments that community specialists will be able to opt for:
- Mission Intel: Streamers and Videographers producing Breakpoint content
- Company Comms: Direct Q&A information from developers to share with the community
- Special Activities: Cosplayers, fanfiction writers, and fan-artists dedicated to unofficial game materials
- Team Operations: Fansite and fanpage administrators who will receive a direct line of communication with the developers
- Tactical Assault: PvP specialists who will organise Ghost War tournaments for players to participate in
This is a somewhat novel approach to community outreach, and there's no way of telling if will go down well with players themselves. Interested parties can look into finding out more information about Delta Company by checking out the official beta website, which holds more information.
There's no information yet on when Delta Company might launch, but applications are already open. Watch the video below if you're curious about the whole thing.