Although it makes use of modern VR platforms, Half-Life: Alyx does still have quite a few things in common – from atmosphere to console commands – with its PC counterparts.
Here's everything you need to know about Half-Life: Alyx's console commands, how to enable the console and have a bit of old-timey fun with different cheats.
Half-Life: Alyx Console Commands
In order to use Half-Life: Alyx's console commands, you'll first need to enable your console. To do so, head over to you Steam library, right click on Half-Life: Alyx and then select Properties.
Then, click the Set launch options button which should open up a dialog box. In it, you'll want to type "-console –vconsole" (without the quote marks), then press the OK button.
With Half-Life: Alyx's console now enabled, launch the game. To bring up the console in-game, simply press the tilde (`) key that's just above Tab and next to the 1 key on most keyboards.
The console will open on your monitor screen, and, as opposed to most other consoles, will have three fields: Filter, Search and Command.
You're only interested in the Command field as it's where you'll type the console commands. Before doing so, however, you need to input sv_cheats 1 into the Command field, to activate them.
Here's the list of known Half-Life: Alyx console commands:
- buddha - Lets you take damage but you can’t die
- god - Toggles invincibility
- hlvr_shotgun_grant_upgrades 3 - Grants a fully upgraded shotgun
- impulse 101 - Grants all weapons and 20 resin
- impulse 102 - Grants all weapon upgrades
- sv_infinite_ammo 1 - Toggles infinite ammo for all weapons
- sv_infinite_clips 1 - Toggles infinite ammo for your magazine eliminating the need to reload
Half-Life: Alyx is available now on the Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.