Publisher Paradox Interactive today revealed Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone as the World War II-themed grand strategy game's next expansion. When it launches later this year, it is set to introduce new focus trees for Italy, Ethiopia, and Switzerland.
Aside from additional opportunities to explore alternate histories, Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone also brings a new aircraft designer that lets you customize your aircraft as you see fit, alongside 67 new plane models.
Hearts of Iron 4: By Blood Alone Release Date
New peace conference options are also on the way, allowing you to demilitarize specific zones on the map or entire nations. In addition, Italian, Ethiopian and Swiss units are also getting a visual refresh thanks to 20 new pieces of art.
Here's a detailed look at the expansion's features, as shared by the publisher:
- New Italian Focus Tree: Follow the historical path of Mussolini’s Italy or rewrite history by restoring power to the monarchy, leading a Communist revolution, or promoting democracy.
- New Ethiopian Focus Tree: Defy the odds to defeat the Italian invader or resist the conqueror from abroad using unique Government in Exile abilities.
- New Swiss Focus Tree: Surrounded by France, Germany and Italy, the mountain nation of Switzerland finds strength in its neutrality, balancing competing factions and overtures from the great powers.
- New Peace Conference Options: Demilitarize zones of the map or entire nations, bid on the capital ships of defeated powers, or claim control of enemy resources or factories as reparations.
- Aircraft Designer: Design and build your own planes, from nimble interceptors that prioritize speed to durable bombers crafted to unload tons of destruction from high above.
- Unit Medals: A log of each division’s accomplishments lets you track their performance, and even allow you to award medals to those that have performed well.
- Embargo Interaction: Embargo your enemies with a new diplomatic interaction, preventing them from trading with you if they have generated enough world tension.
- New Unit Models: More than 20 new pieces of unit art for Italian, Ethiopian and Swiss armies.
- New Plane Models: 67 new plane models.
- 12 New Music Tracks
Hearts of Iron 4: By Blood Alone doesn't yet have a release date, but is confirmed to launch later this year.
It will be accompanied by the traditional free update, which will be available to all owners of the base game. Check out its announce trailer below.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.