Update: Following the conclusion of the first Hunt: Showdown Twitch Drops campaign, Crytek has outlined how it plans to improve future ones and compensate players for its missteps. As far as what went wrong goes, four key points were identified:
- Legendary rewards were too hard to earn. You invested a lot of time, and we want to reward the time you invested in turn!
- Some users had issues linking their account. We received a large influx of tickets from users who had problems linking their accounts during the event. Due to the volume of tickets, we weren't able to get everyone connected before the event was over.
- Notifications for rewards earned didn't always show correctly. We will be correcting this technical issue for our next Twitch Drop
- The FAQ could have been clearer.
Players will receive additional rewards in Update 1.4.2 depending on how much time they spent watching streams eligible for Hunt: Showdown Twitch Drops:
- Watched 1 hour or more - 1 Legendary item or tool
- Watched 10 hours or more - Everything above, plus an additional Legendary item or tool
- Watched 20 hours or more - Everything above, plus 1 an additional Legendary item or tool
- Watched 30 hours or more - Everything above, plus Legendary Hunter Billy Story
The items or tools are guaranteed to not be duplicates, while owners of Billy Story will receive another Legendary item or tool.
Original: Hunt: Showdown Twitch Drops are on the way and the wait for them won't be all that long, publisher and developer Crytek revealed today.
Players will be able to grab exclusive goodies via the very first set of Hunt: Showdown Twitch Drops starting with June 29 at 2 PM BST/6:00 AM PT and ending on July 6 at 2 PM BST/6:00 AM PT.
Seven legendary weapon and tool skins, legendary hunter Billy Story, Hunt Dollars and Blood Bonds all count among the rewards available as part of Hunt: Showdown's first Twitch Drops campaign.
Hunt: Showdown Twitch Drops
Anyone who owns a copy of Hunt: Showdown, regardless of platform, can earn Twitch Drops by watching streamers with the "Drops Enabled" tag during the campaign's active period.
To become eligible, you'll first need to link the account on which you own the game to your Twitch.tv account by visiting this page.
After you've done so and watched streams for long enough, you'll receive a notification pointing out that you've earned one of the items, after which the item will automatically be added to your in-game account.
Hunt: Showdown is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.
Twitch Drops arrived to the Bayou!— Hunt: Showdown (@HuntShowdown) June 29, 2020
Earn exclusive Legendary Weapons and our unique Legendary Hunter "Bill Story" by linking your account and watching the participating broadcasters.
Link your accounts now at https://t.co/D6QtF0yalr using Steam, Xbox, or a PlayStation account. pic.twitter.com/q8L07JiDJ7