Publisher Paradox Interactive today revealed that grand strategy title Imperator: Rome's first paid DLC, the Magna Graecia Content Pack, is set to launch later this month, alongside its free 1.4 update.
Both the Magna Graecia Content Pack and the 1.4 update, named Archimedes, will bring significant changes to religion in Imperator: Rome.
Imperator: Rome Magna Graecia Content Pack and 1.4 Archimedes Update
Imperator: Rome's free 1.4 Archimedes update will replace the game's Omens system with a national Pantheon filled with gods that yield passive bonuses for your empire and whose power can be invoked "for greater benefits".
Holy Sites will work towards increasing the strength of their associated deity while also being prime targets for less faithful rulers to plunder.
Storing Sacred Treasures in your National Treasury further adds to the number of bonuses your empire can have, while character loyalty will become "a sum of various factors" which players should find easier to interact with.
As for Imperator: Rome's Magna Graecia Content Pack DLC, you'll find its features, as detailed in a press release, below:
- Apotheosis: A popular ruler from a prestigious family may be declared a god and welcomed into the State Pantheon. Elevate enough rulers and you may institute an Imperial Cult religion.
- New Greek Missions: New missions available for Athens, Sparta, Syracusae.
- New Deities: 12 new Greek deities tied to historical Holy Sites across the Greek world.
- Hellenistic Themed Treasures: Collect special artifacts based on the history and legends of the Hellenistic world.
- New Music, Art, and 3D Models.