No one is ever going to convince me that Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr isn't a mouthful. It's a good thing, then, that a game's title dictates neither its content nor quality, because otherwise, we'd be in trouble. The former has just received its first large post-release update, and it's quite a lovely thing indeed.
This first season of free extra content is focused on the Drukhari, who are colloquially known as the Dark Eldar. This means a whole new enemy faction to slaughter, a full campaign filled with brand new investigations for the player to carry out and more.
Inquisitor - Martyr Season 1 Content Update: Drukhari
Here's a complete list of all the new stuff we get with the Drukhari:
- New Inquisitorial Rank Cap: 70
- New Item Level Cap: 60
- Adjusted PR rating and greatly increased XP rewards of campaign maps
- Adjusted PR rating and greatly increased XP rewards of random maps
- The Triglav Subsector is now open for Inquisitors! Players need to talk to Ragna on the Command bridge to start the Investigation that allows entry.
- Minimum Mission Power Rating: 1100
- New Enemy Faction: Drukhari Dark Eldar
- New Investigations available
- New Perks available (Rank-based)
- 5 New Tarot Cards available, unlockable by System Influence
Naturally, Neocore are also releasing a substantial number of fixes and balance tweaks, the full list of which can be found here. The update is coming today, after a one-hour maintenance period, starting at 18:00 CET, 10:00 PT, and 13:00 ET.
Neocore Games seem to be keen on retaining their player base for as long as possible, and with that, have announced that their future updates will be patterned much as this one is. In other words, we can expect more 'seasons' of additional content - free of charge!