New World has received several patches addressing various issues since it launched in late September and, stepping into its second month of existence, it's beginning to also look towards offering players new content. In this regard, developer Amazon Games has revealed the Void Gauntlet as the MMORPG's first post-launch weapon, making players curious about its release date and how it positions itself among its peers.
New World's Void Gauntlet was announced alongside the game's Public Test Realm (PTR), which allows players to join a set of servers dedicated to testing content before it becomes available on the live game. This is done using a separate client from the main game. Here's everything we know about the title's first new weapon and its release date.
New World Void Gauntlet Release Date
The release date of New World's Void Gauntlet weapon is currently slated for November 18, which is when the game's Into The Void update goes live. Prior to hitting live servers, the weapon was available on the PTR for a week.
- New World Void Gauntlet release date: November 18, 2021
Developer Amazon Games describes New World's Void Gauntlet as a weapon fit for a "magical DPS/support hybrid" playstyle centered around debilitating opponents and aiding allies. As the first weapon to scale with both Intelligence and Focus, it can make a good pair with the likes of the Life Staff, although nothing really stops you from getting adventurous with your build.
Like the MMO's other weapons, it comes with two skill trees: Annihilation and Decay. The former focuses on dealing as much damage as possible while fighting up close, its central skill being Void Blade, which summons a blade of corrosive void energy that lets you slash foes using melee attacks.
The Decay skill tree is all about healing at range and debuffing enemies. Orb of Decay, is a ranged skill that deals damage and applies a damage over time effect to the enemies it hits after it's cast, transforming into a healing orb at maximum range and replenishing your allies' health on the way back. Here are the active and passive skills you can find on each tree, as they appear on the PTR.
New World Void Gauntlet Skill Trees and Abilities
- Void Blade - Cooldown: 25s; Cost: 20 mana; Summon a blade of Void energy that converts your basic attacks to melee. Tap Basic Attack to perform a quick slash that deals 100% weapon damage or hold to perform a thrust attack that deals 150% weapon damage. Both attacks inflict Disintegrate on successful hits, dealing 5% weapon damage per second and reducing damage absorption by 5% for 8s. Stacks up to 3 times. 15s duration.
- Fortified Blade - Gain Fortify on start, increasing weapon damage by 20% for 5s.
- Vicious Void - +10% critical damage on Void Blade attacks.
- Leeching Blade - Successful thrust attacks heal self for 5% weapon damage per Disintegrate stack on target. Scales exclusively with Focus.
- Oblivion - Cooldown: 20s; Cost: 30 mana; Summon a circular rift of Void energy at your feet that deals 30% weapon damage per second to enemies and grants Empower to self and friendlies, increasing damage by 20%. 5m radius. 6s duration.
- Withering Oblivion - Your attacks inflict Weaken to targets inside the radius, reducing their damage by 5% for 5s per hit. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Invigorating Oblivion - +15 Stamina per second for self and friendlies while inside the radius.
- Petrifying Scream - Cooldown: 15s; Cost: 25 mana; Unleash a Void-infused scream, dealing 100% weapon damage, staggering and inflicting Root to enemies 5m in front of you. Disables enemy movement for 2s.
- Bone-Chilling Voice - Root duration increased by 1s on targets below 50% health.
- Fortifying Echoes - Gain Fortify for each enemy hit, increasing damage absorption by 10% for 10s per hit. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Forsaken Pact - 10% damage while below 50% mana.
- Keen Confidence - 10% Critical Chance while above 50% health.
- Keen Humility - 10% Critical Chance while all abilities are on cooldown.
- Refreshing Precision - 10% Cooldown Reduction on all abilities on Critical Hit.
- Empowering Proximity - Gain Empower when casting abilities within 5m of an enemy, increasing damage by 10% for 5s. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Efficient Harvest - Harvest Essence health drain is reduced by 50% while below 25% mana.
- Leeching Agony - On Critical Hit, gain health equal to 15% of damage done.
- Refreshing Frailty - +5% Cooldown Reduction on all abilities when successfully hitting enemies afflicted by 3 or more debuff stacks (can be from different debuffs).
- Voidcaller - On successful ability hit, gain a stack of Void Essence. At 6 stacks, consume all stacks and gain a 3m aura that heals self and friendlies for 30% weapon damage and deals 30% weapon damage per second to enemies within. Healing scales exclusively with Focus. 5s duration. 20s cooldown.
- Orb of Decay - Cooldown: 15s; Cost: 20 mana; Fire an unblockable orb that passes through enemies, deals 100% weapon damage, and inflicts Disintegrate, dealing 5% weapon damage per second and reducing damage absorption by 5% for 8s. Stacks up to 3 times. At max range, it transforms into a healing orb and returns, healing friendlies for 20% weapon damage per second for 5s. Healing scales exclusively with Focus.
- Draining Orb - Gain +5% mana per enemy hit by the orb.
- Slowing Orb - The orb slows enemies already affected by any debuff, reducing their movement speed by 30% for 3s.
- Detonating Orb - Press the ability input again to detonate the orb with a 4m explosion radius. Depending on the orb’s phase, the explosion will either damage enemies for 100% weapon damage and apply a stack of Disintegrate or heal friendlies for 70% weapon damage. Healing scales exclusively with Focus..
- Baleful Tether - Cooldown: 25s; Cost: 25 mana; Fire a projectile that tethers you to an enemy, Weakening it and Empowering you by 4% per second (20% maximum). The tether ends if the target moves beyond 15m. 10s duration
- Tethered Refresh - Successful hits against the tethered target reduce other Void Gauntlet cooldowns by 5%.
- Tethered Focus - +100% mana regeneration while the tether is active.
- Soul Eater - Regain 80% weapon damage as health if the tethered target dies. Scales exclusively with Focus.
- Essence Rupture - Cooldown: 20s; Cost: 25 mana; Fire a projectile that inflicts Essence Rupture for 10s, healing anyone that hits the target for 20% of the damage done. Does not apply to damage-over-time.
- Invigorating Rupture - Players additionally receive 15 Stamina when hitting the aflicted target.
- Overflowing Essence - Friendlies within 4m of the afflicted target are healed for 80% of your weapon damage when Essence Rupture ends. Scales exclusively with Focus.
- Deadly Range - +10% damage on successful ranged heavy attacks against targets more than 8m away.
- Fervent Thirst - +5% mana per successful ranged light attack against targets afflicted by your Void Gauntlet debuffs.
- Radiant Efficiency - Mana costs are reduced by 25% while above 50% health.
- Refreshing Harvest - Cooldowns are reduced by 10% per second while performing Harvest Essence.
- Leeching Bolts - Healing from ranged heavy attacks is increased by an additional 30% of damage dealt if target is below 50% health.
- Extended Suffering - Successful ranged heavy attacks increase the duration of non-crowd control debuffs you have applied by 10%.
- Mending Evasion - Dodging with full mana heals you for 80% weapon damage. Scales exclusively with Focus. 20s cooldown.
- Glimpse of the Void - Gain a stack of Void Essence per successful ability hit. At 4 or more stacks, your next successful ranged heavy attack will instantly reset all Void Gauntlet cooldowns and remove all stacks.15s cooldown.
Now that New World's Void Gauntlet has a release date, we know when players who fancy healing their allies and making the enemies they battle weaker are getting their newest toy. For more on the game, check out our guides on finding Boatswain Ambrose and Iron Ore.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .