Hooded Horse has announced the addition of an indie medieval kingdom and colony simulator titled 'Norland' to its expanding roster of strategic and tactical games slated for release in 2024.
The developer Long Jaunt plans to use the support in funding and marketing to help push forward with an early access release in May 2024 on.
Norland release date set for May 2024
Here’s the full overview of Norland and its features provided to us by Hooded Horse:
Players can manage a budding noble family and navigate through the trials of a class-based society that includes everything from crime to slave revolts and religious conflict to economic crisis, alongside a wide range of personal feuds, treachery, secret murders, and spectacular battles. On top of that, players will need to contend with neighboring kingdoms, dealing in matters of diplomacy, trade, disputes, alliances, and even the creation of vassal states.
“Partnering with Hooded Horse will allow us to focus on development by relieving us of various non-development tasks such as marketing, localization, trailer creation, and other responsibilities,” says Dimitry Glaznev, Norland's designer and head of Long Jaunt. ”With this support, we aim to deliver a more polished and content-rich game to players in May.”
- Control a noble family and witness how members build complex relationships between themselves through love, hatred, friendship, envy, jealousy, betrayal, and a lust for power.
- Punish criminals, take care of citizens, and put down riots during your reign.
- Build armies and defenses, and navigate regional politics by deciding whether to fight or ally with other kingdoms.
- Oversee power struggles, plot intrigue, and secretly assassinate dangerous enemies.
- Absorb knowledge and technology from books, rewrite them, or create entirely new works.
- Build production chains, grow your population, establish prices and wages, and trade with incoming caravans.
- Experience different starting conditions for a unique gaming experience in every session.
Keep updated on the latest Gaming News by following GameWatcher on, check out our videos on , or by giving us a follow on .