Blizzard has shared a patch notes preview of Overwatch 2's first season, unveiling a handful of planned hero balance changes, which include Junker Queen nerfs and buffs for Orisa.
Season 1's long-awaited arrival comes with a shift in how the developer handles post-launch content drops. Aside from introducing a new season every nine weeks, each of them will include "impactful hero balance changes" meant to give the game a dynamic feeling overtime.
Overwatch 2 Season 1 Patch Notes Preview
"This means new seasons will feel more distinct and special with balance changing significantly when we move to the next season," the developer wrote in a blog post on the game's website. "We are also prepared to make additional balance adjustments if the need within a season arises to manage hero balance and power and keep our game feeling fair and fun."
The post then shares a preview of Overwatch 2's Season 1 patch notes, revealing a portion of the changes that will go live when the game enters early access on October 4.
Junker Queen's nerfs come as a result of her shout ability simply being too potent. On the flip side, although Orisa's remake was well-received by players, her win rates still lag behind, which is why she's becoming bulkier.
D.Va is another tank that's getting buffs, although they target damage output rather than how resistant she is. Here is the list of upcoming changes shared so far.
- Allied health bonus reduced from 100 to 50 HP
- Allied duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Temporary health no longer decays over its duration
- Cooldown increased from 11 to 15 seconds
- Temporary health now grants 50% reduced ultimate charge instead of zero ultimate charge
- Damage Role Passive - New Passive: Eliminations grant 25% increased reload and movement speed for 2.5 seconds. Does not stack with itself but will refresh the duration
- All heroes now refund up to 30% ultimate power on hero swap
- Base health increased from 250 to 275
- Base armor increased from 250 to 275
- Energy Javelin cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
- Boosters impact damage increased from 10 to 25
- Micro Missiles cooldown reduced from 8 to 7 seconds
- Call Mech ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- Inspire duration reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Biotic Launcher primary fire damage increased from 24 to 25
- Biotic Launcher primary fire minimum falloff range increased from 20 to 25 meters
- Pressing Crouch during Guardian Angel now launches you straight up
- Angelic Descent can now be activated by holding Crouch while airborne
- Ironclad passive is enabled again (20% damage reduction while transformed)
- Hellfire Shotguns spread reduced from 8 to 7 degrees
- Railgun energy gain from non-player targets (barriers, turrets, etc.) reduced by an additional 50%
- Hack ability lockout duration increased from 1 to 1.75 seconds
The full list of changes coming with Overwatch 2's Season 1 will likely be bigger and we expect the full patch notes to be shared closer to launch.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.