Planet Zoo's free update 1.2 is now live, its patch notes revealing the addition of new difficulty levels, more frequent animal social behavior and more.
Update 1.2 is accompanied by the paid South America Pack DLC which introduces five new animals and more than 250 scenery pieces.
Planet Zoo Update 1.2 Patch Notes and South America Pack
Planet Zoo's update 1.2 brings a large number of changes and additions to the simulator, boasting a 7.3 GB download size. Here is the new content that all owners of Planet Zoo now have access to:
- New Glass Pieces
- Expanded on the New World Glass Panels set with larger shapes.
- Glass Panes for custom windows and frames.
- Improved the naming of the glass/plastic panels for consistency and usability.
- 5 New Enrichment's
- Large Tyre
- Bobbin Drum
- Colourful Small Ball
- Natural Termite Mound
- New Leaves Bedding type in 4 sizes.
- New Nature Pieces.
- Mossy Rock Set - moss all over
- Dynamic Mossy Rock Set - moss always orientates to the surface!
- Strangler Fig Trees and Roots
- Ombu Trees
- Cordyline Plants
- New Difficulty Settings added for all game modes.
- Easy, Medium (the current game difficulty) and Hard. These will affect:
- Whether animals get bored of enrichment items (Hard Difficulty only).
- How quickly animals get stressed.
- How quickly animals lose welfare from hunger, and how fast they starve to death. The frequency of feeding required for 100% welfare will remain the same for all difficulty modes.
- Whether guests will request refunds (Hard Difficulty only).
- How willing guests are to spend money.
- How much guests learn from education sources.
- The average Guest Happiness required for 5* Guest Happiness Rating.
- How fast your staff get tired.
- How large of a happiness boost staff get from training.
- When starting a new zoo you'll be able to choose the difficulty setting before starting.
- When a zoo is loaded the difficulty can be changed in the settings menu.
- Jaguar Hat & Shirt
The scope of Planet Zoo's update 1.2 extends far beyond its new content. Some other highlights include polar bears gaining the ability to jump and animal social behavior happening more frequently.
The animal trading list now remembers filters when going back to it, while keepers will run while placing food and filling water, carrying buckets of food or to and from keeper huts in critical situations.
You can see the full list of changes introduced to Planet Zoo in update 1.2 in the post covering the full patch notes.
Planet Zoo's South America Pack is the simulator's second paid DLC. For the price of 9,99€ or your regional equivalent, you gain access to five new animals: the Jaguar, Llama, Capuchin Monkey, Giant Anteater, and the Red-Eyed Tree Frog.
Each animal comes with its own behavior and habitat requirements while adding some more potential variety to your zoos.
The DLC also comes with more than 250 new building, scenery, and foliage pieces which players can use to build Aztec-themed entrances or turn their zoos into rainforests.
Planet Zoo is out now on PC.