RuneScape's 1 September 2020 Update is now live, its patch notes revealing changes to broadcasts and more.
As of RuneScape's 1 September 2020 Update, players are now able to toggle different types of broadcasts on or off.
In addition, the update introduces a number of bug fixes. Say goodbye to encountering Edward the Cape Seller in the Spirit Realm.
RuneScape 1 September 2020 Update Patch Notes
Here's all that's been added to RuneScape in its 1 September 2020 Update, as detailed in the full patch notes:
Ninja Strike 10
- Broadcasts from other players can now be toggled on or off with the option found under Settings > Messages & Social > Broadcasts.
- Different kinds of broadcasts can be toggled, and by default all broadcasts are turned on.
- Broadcasts settings are split between World, Friends, and Clan.
- Turning a broadcast setting off will still let the player see their own broadcast, but not other players' broadcasts of that type.
- Various broadcasts have also been reviewed and have had their ‘tier' adjusted. For full details, check the Game News tab.
Reward Chests and Looting
- A new toggle has been added to Reward Chest interfaces which allows players to loot items in noted or unnoted form.
- Crystal chests and Triskelion Keys now use the standard Reward Chest interface, from which items can be banked directly.
- The animation delays on chests have been removed for a smoother opening experience.
- Multiple players can now use reward chests at the same time.
- Various improvements have been made to reward chest messaging, including dialogue and info-boxes.
- Minor balancing changes have been made to Triskelion Key loot:
- The 125 Adamantite and 750 Coal Stone Spirits drop is now 15 Banite Stone Spirits
- The 40 Runite and 320 Coal stone spirits drop is now 5 Light and 5 Dark Animica Stone Spirits
- Combining Triskelion Key parts will now combine as many keys as possible in one action.
- The Essence of Finality ability will now appear in the Constitution Ability Book when the filter is enabled.
- Resolved some issues where the effect of portable skilling stations was not being triggered by the Brooch of the Gods.
- Fixed a visual issue that appeared when changing attack style after using the Essence of Finality ability.
- An issue has been fixed that was allowing some weapons' special attacks to be used without spending adrenaline.
- The ‘Order of Dis' and the ‘Infernal Source' music tracks will now loop as expected.
- You can now toggle the warnings that appear when decanting flasks. You can find the option under the Skills & Experience menu, in the Herblore section.
- The flowing blood in Daemonheim is no longer stripy.
- It's no longer possible to trigger the ‘No Secrets Left to Steal' Achievement multiple times.
- The Calm Waters buff will be removed as expected when the Sign of Life is triggered during the Masuta boss fight in the Temple of Aminishi.
- Edward the Cape Seller will no longer appear in the Spirit Realm.
- You can now progress ‘You're not my Real Mah' even when donating more Elder Chronicles than required.
- Hit chance modifiers are now recalculated right after the 'Stagger' spell, ‘Confuse' spell, or the Sandstorm Camel Debuff hits the target in PvP.
- Fixed an issue where the Worn Equipment tab would become persistently unavailable after summoning a pet in Death's Office.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Report Interface to remain open after choosing a reason to report the offending player.
- The lever graphics inside the Ashdale sewers have now been fixed.
- Viewing Orb information is no longer displayed if the Orb was used in previous Court Cases.
- Added ‘forceapproach' to ladders in Yanille's Dragon Inn, Sithick Int's house, Fenkenstrain's Castle and Melzar's Maze.
- The Melzar's Maze ladder is also no longer positioned in front of a murder hole in the adjacent wall.
- The Reaper Necklace (or) no longer grants stacks when hitting a Combat Dummy MKII, bringing it in line with the standard Reaper Necklace.
- Modifier values are now recalculated when familiars are summoned and dismissed.
- Using the Dwarven Fish Extractor on a crystallised Fishing spot no longer requires bait.
- FPS should no longer drop rapidly while curing a plant at the Livid Farm on Lunar Isle.
- Fixed an issue with cannons triggering on-kill effects despite being far away.
- The Portable Workbench will now allow you to craft flatpacks with a full Inventory of planks by swapping one or more of your planks for the finished flatpack.
- The Travelling Artisan now gives out inactive (unused) variants of Dwarven Tools, instead of the active variant with no charges.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.