Axolot Games has released 0.4.4, a small update patch focusing mainly on fixes for their early access game, Scrap Mechanic. Scrap Mechanic is a dynamically generated open-world that can be played in survival, creative, alone or with friends.
"We are back with a bunch more important improvements. This time we have made a lot more fixing in the raid department. We have found ways to optimize them more so they don’t trigger lag when a lot of bots come at once. This fix should make raids way more enjoyable."
Scrap Mechanic Patch Notes
We've rounded up the highlights most likely to affect your experience:
- Performance fix for raids
- Fixed an issue where exiting the game in a warehouse caused the elevator to the roof to get stuck
- Fixed a case where building on springs or piston could spend the part but the part not to be built
- Removing bearings, springs and pistons with a full inventory is now correctly denied
- Fixed a crash that could occur when riding warehouse elevators
- Water-, gas-, battery- and ammo containers are carried if not empty (like the chests)
- Farmers can no longer be picked up after being respawned
- Fixed issue with piston speed when adjusting length
- Fixed a bug causing the saw blade to not deal damage to green totebots
- The saw blade deals more damage to haybots
- When removing a respawn point bed the new respawn point is the last unremovable bed
- Can no longer respawn in a bed brought into the warehouse
- Red tapebot arm part shoots a few explosive tape when destroyed
- Fixed an issue with the tapebots causing them to often stare into walls in warehouses
- Tapebots will be more active in raids when they come (Keep your head low)
- Tapebot projectiles deal damage to crops
Being in early access means a constant stream of bugs and fixes but Axolot push a steady stream of patches and keep the community updated better than most. A final statement assured players that "challenge mode should be back in Scrap Mechanic later this week!".
If you're already a player but are looking for more building blocks Axolot haven't had the time to add, check out our list of the. If you haven't tried the game yet, you can find it on for £14.99.