Publisher and developer Gleamer Studio today announced that Settlement Survival, its debut title, is getting its first public demo at the beginning of October. A challenging city builder inspired by Banished, it tasks players with leading a group of survivors as they search for a new home.
Settlement Survival's demo will be available as part of Steam Next Fest's October edition, which lasts between October 1 and October 7, and will likely feature loads of playable demos for upcoming titles.
The game's low-poly aesthetic might not suggest as much, but players will have to manage limited supplies, and ensure their survivors have enough resources by planting crops, hunting wildlife, and establishing trade routes. Here is a list of features you can expect from the game, as detailed by the publisher:
- Find Your Home. Choose where to build your settlement, sculpt its landscape and determine its layout and styling.
- Grow Your Population. Recruit Mayors to set the tone of your settlement, build housing, control crime and ensure your baby-booms don’t negatively impact your resources.
- Survive Disasters. Heed the early warning signs, bunker down and secure your citizens away from danger or risk losing all that you’ve established.
- Explore Unique Maps. With each map randomly generated, right down to its resources and landmarks, every experience is unique and brings with it its own challenges.
- Discover Rare Blueprints. Offering powerful effects, unique themes and styles, rare blueprints are an opportunity to customize your settlement even further when you’ve mastered trading.
- Develop Currency and Trade. Whether exchanging artistic items of high value, unprocessed products or unlocking the mint to create a common currency, trade is key.
If you enjoy Settlement Survival's demo, you can pick it up two weeks later, on October 15, when it launches in Steam Early Access. The title will cost $14.99 or your regional equivalent and will spend "at least six months" receiving content and tweaks before making the transition to full version. A detailed roadmap of what you can expect during Early Access can be found on its Steam page.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .