Starni Games have announced the next title of their Strategic Mind series, this time with the Spectre of Communism. The game follows the same format as the previous games, being a turn-based strategy set in WW2 heaped with motion capture cinematics.
In Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism, the player takes the lead of the USSR armed forces in their struggle to bring about the world communist revolution. Set mostly in real-world history, the game also offers an alternative path for those players who like a little surprise waiting for them.
The tactics and combat mechanics will see you micromanage your forces while maintaining your supply lines on a hex based grid so while there's nothing new being brought to the table, the steady gameplay improvements throughout the series leave this one looking good.
Spectre of Communism Threatens in the Strategic Mind Franchise
- 20 mission campaign offering over 80 hours of gameplay
- These include several alt-history operations to enjoy
- Historically accurate models of all units
- Detailed system of upgrade paths and equipment
- Land, air, and sea battles
- A detailed supply and transportation system
- Heroes that can be assigned to individual units
The game is set to release in the forth quarter 2020, but no specific date has been confirmed. If you don't want to wait, you can buy the previous games over at theirpage, which are currently a part of the .
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.