Awaited by gamers yet dreaded by their wallets, Steam sales are major moments of the year when tons of titles are discounted, and are unlikely to cease in 2020, considering their success.
Since preparing for Steam Sales ahead of time is important for the judicious spender (at least until we're faced with the sheer amount of discounted stuff and inevitably buy more than we could ever hope to play), here's our expected schedule of 2020 Steam sales.
Steam Sale 2020 Schedule
Several Steam sales take place throughout the year, giving ample opportunities for players to complete their collections at a discounted price.
Some Steam sales have made a habit of beginning on Thursdays, at 10 AM PDT/ 7 PM GMT, however, there have been exceptions such as last year's Lunar Sale, which began on a Monday at the same hour.
Here's our expected schedule for Steam sales in 2020:
- Steam Lunar Sale: January 23 - January 27 - Confirmed
- RE-PLAY Sale 2020 - April 9 - April 16
- Steam Golden Week Sale - April 30 - May 6
- Steam Spring Cleaning Event 2020: May 21 - May 28 (not a traditional sale, but an occasion to explore your backlog_
- Skulls for the Skull Throne 4 Sale: May 28 - June 1
- Steam Summer Sale 2020: Confirmed by outside sources to take place between June 25 and July 9. Valve has yet to comment.
- Steam Halloween Sale 2020: October 29 - November 1
- Steam Autumn Sale 2020: Starts between November 20 and November 30, lasts for a week
- Steam Winter Sale 2020: December 17 - December 31
It's worth stressing that, at the moment, these are our predictions for the start and end dates of Steam sales in 2020, based on those of previous years. We'll update this article with any relevant news once Valve officially announces each sale.