Awaited by gamers yet dreaded by their wallets, Steam sales are major moments of the year when tons of titles are discounted, and are unlikely to cease in 2020, considering their success.
Since preparing for Steam Sales ahead of time is important for the judicious spender (at least until we're faced with the sheer amount of discounted stuff and inevitably buy more than we could ever hope to play), here's our expected schedule of 2020 Steam sales.
Steam Sale 2020 Schedule
Several Steam sales take place throughout the year, giving ample opportunities for players to complete their collections at a discounted price.
Some Steam sales have made a habit of beginning on Thursdays, at 10 AM PDT/ 7 PM GMT, however, there have been exceptions such as last year's Lunar Sale, which began on a Monday at the same hour.
Here's our expected schedule for Steam sales in 2020:
- Steam Lunar Sale: January 23 - January 27 - Confirmed
- Steam Spring Sale 2020: Last week of May, although it's worth noting there wasn't one last year
- Steam Summer Sale 2020: Starts between June 20 and June 30, lasts for two weeks
- Steam Halloween Sale 2020: October 29 - November 1
- Steam Autumn Sale 2020: Starts between November 20 and November 30, lasts for a week
- Steam Winter Sale 2020: December 17 - December 31
It's worth stressing that, at the moment, these are our predictions for the start and end dates of Steam sales in 2020, based on those of previous years. We'll update this article with any relevant news once Valve officially announces each sale.