It's been a long time coming, but finally, the fabled Stardew Valley Multiplayer Update is going to be released today, in not a few hours at the time of writing this article. We've also gotten our hands on the complete changelog for the incoming content update.
There's a whole lot of unexpected new stuff coming alongside cooperative play, too, if you've not familiarised yourself with the game's beta branch, and a slew of additional content for those of us who might not be all that interested in playing with other people.
Stardew Valley Multiplayer Update Content List
Without further ado, here's all the new stuff you can expect from today's update:
- Added multiplayer over GOG, Steam, or LAN. This includes chat with custom emotes, and new Cabin buildings.
- Added Night Market event.
- Added Community Upgrade to Carpenter's Shop.
- Added buildable shipping bins to Carpenter's Shop.
- Added Abigail encounter at level 20 in the mines.
- Added new heart events for Jas, Linus, Pam, Vincent, and Willy.
- Added new heart events when player has given a bouquet to all bachelors or bachelorettes.
- Added rare treasure chest rooms in Skull Cavern.
- Added new monsters in the Skull Cavern: Carbon Ghost, Iridium Bat, and Iridium Crab.
- Added Secret Notes and related quests.
- Added new items: Auto-Grabber, Cactus Seeds, Garden Pot, Wood Sign and Stone Sign, Solid Gold Lewis statue, Pearl, Wedding Ring, and decorative items sold at shops and festivals throughout the year.
- Added Bear's Knowledge, Special Charm, Spring Onion Mastery.
- Added Statue Of Uncertainty to change professions.
- Added different stationery for letters from Sandy and the Wizard.
- Added horse hats.
There is also a decent amount of balance changes and bug fixes slated for release, though those aren't quite as exciting as brand new content is, and would definitely make for a rather longer changelog than this is.
Having said that, you're almost certainly most interested in when exactly the content update will be released! It is coming at 16:00 BST, 12:00 EST, and 08:00 PST, so stay tuned - won't be long now.