Much like its predecessor, Subnautica: Below Zero also has its fair share of console commands and cheats. To activate the console commands, press F3 while in-game. This opens a menu on the upper left side of the screen. Pressing F8 enables moving your mouse cursor, after which you'll want to click on the white circle next to Disable Console. Afterwards, press F8 again.
Having done this, you can access the console by pressing the tilde (`) key. Look for it on the lower left corner of the screen. You shouldn't have to remove the circle every time you play, but you will need to press F3 in order to activate the console commands and cheats in Subnautica: Below Zero whenever you start a new session.
Subnautica Below Zero Console Commands
When inputting the Subnautica: Below Zero console commands and cheats below, you can ignore the brackets. The Enter key executes your currently inputted command, while the up or down arrows help you cycle through those you've previously used.
- nocost - Toggles unlimited, free use of the Fabricator, Habitat Builder, Mobile Vehicle Bay, Vehicle Upgrade Console and Modification Station, even if you don't have all the required items
- nosurvival - Removes food/water requirements and sustenance from items
- noenergy - Toggles power usage for vehicles, tools, and seabases
- nopressure - Toggles pressure effects for seabases and vehicles
- oxygen - Grants unlimited oxygen
- invisible - Grants invisibility
- unlockall - Unlocks all blueprints
- unlock (name) - Unlocks specified blueprint
- day - Sets time to day
- night - Sets time to night
- filterwater - Every Water Filtration Machine on the map instantly crafts a Large Filtered Water
- filtersalt - Every Water Filtration Machine on the map instantly Salt
- cure (#) - Cures player and creatures in specified range of the Kharaa Bacterium
- infect (#) - Infects player and creatures in specified range with the Kharaa Bacterium
- item (name) (#) - Adds the specified number or the specified item to your inventory
- spawn (name) (#) - Spawns the specified number or the specified item/creature/object in front of you
- radiation - Disables radiation
- decontaminate - Removes radiation from the map
- filterfast - Reduces water filtering time
- fastbuild - Enables quick building of modules with the Habitat Builder
- fasthatch - Reduces egg hatch time
- fastscan - Reduces scanning time
- fastgrow - Reduces flora growth time
- fastswim - Grants significant speed boost while pressing Left Shift
- vehicleupgrades - Grants all common vehicle modules
- exosuitupgrades - Grants all Prawn Suit modules
- exosuitarms - Grants all Prawn Suit arms
- biome (name) - Teleport to specified biome
- goto (name) - Teleport to specified location. Type just goto for list
- bobthebuilder - Grants the effects of the nocost, unlock all, fastbuild, fastgrow, fasthatch, and radiation commands; also adds a Habitat Builder, Scanner, Survival Knife and a Repair Tool to your inventory
- instagib - Kill any creature in one hit
- kill - Kills and respawns you back at the lifepod
- precursorkeys - Grants one of each color of precursor key
- lightning - Toggles lightning
- precipitation - Toggles rain
Having now left Steam Early Access, Subnautica: Below Zero gives us another bout of story-driven underwater survival to experience. Out now on PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch, the sequel tasks players with returning to Planet 4546B and sheds light on a deadly cover-up.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .