Like all survival games, Subnautica has its fair share of challenges. Overcoming them by yourself exposes you to one of the best titles in the genre but sometimes you may need a bit of extra help, which is where console commands and cheats come in handy.
Subnautica's console commands and cheats give you additional control over your character and the game world by allowing you to spawn in objects and creatures, freely move across longer distances, and harness the power of invisibility. Whether you use them to get over that one annoying obstacle blocking your progress or to make your character feel like a god is entirely your choice.
Subnautica Console Commands
Activating Subnautica's console commands and cheats first requires you to press F3 while in-game. This opens a menu on the upper left side of the screen. Press F8 to gain control of your mouse cursor, remove the white circle next to Disable Console by left-clicking on it, then press F8 again.
You should now be able to access the console, which spawns on the lower left corner of the screen, by pressing the tilde (`) key. While you shouldn't have to remove the circle every time you play, you will need to press F3 order to activate console commands and cheats in Subnautica.
Remember to ignore brackets when entering the Subnautica console commands and cheats. Read on below for some of the more useful ones you can play around with.
- nocost - Removes building and crafting costs
- nosurvival - Removes food/water requirements and sustenance from items
- noenergy - Toggles power usage for vehicles, tools, and seabases.
- oxygen - Grants unlimited oxygen
- invisible - Grants invisibility
- unlockall - Unlocks all blueprints
- unlock (name) - Unlocks specified blueprint
- day - Sets time to day
- night - Sets time to night
- schedule - Brings up list of upcoming events alongside the time until they happen
- filterwater - Every Water Filtration Machine on the map instantly crafts a Large Filtered Water
- filtersalt - Every Water Filtration Machine on the map instantly Salt
- cure (#) - Cures player and creatures in specified range of the Kharaa Bacterium
- infect (#) - Infects player and creatures in specified range with the Kharaa Bacterium
- item (name) (#) - Adds the specified number or the specified item to your inventory
- spawn (name) (#) - Spawns the specified number or the specified item/creature/object in front of you
- countdownship - Starts countdown for the explosion of the Aurora's drive core
- explodeship - Explodes the Aurora's Drive Core
- restoreship - Restores the Aurora to its initial form while turning on radiation
- radiation - Disables radiation
- lldetach - Removes all lava larvae from vehicles
- filterfast - Reduces water filtering time
- fastbuild - Enables instant building of modules with the habitat builder
- fasthatch - Reduces egg hatch time
- fastscan - Reduces scanning time
- fastgrow - Reduces flora growth time
- vehicleupgrades - Grants all common vehicle modules
- seamothupgrades - Grants all Seamoth modules
- exosuitupgrades - Grants all Prawn Suit modules
- exosuitarms - Grants all Prawn Suit arms
- biome (name) - Teleport to specified biome
- goto (name) - Teleport to specified location. Type just goto for list
- bobthebuilder - Grants the effects of the nocost, unlock all, fastbuild, fastgrow, fasthatch, and radiation commands; also adds a Habitat Builder, Scanner, Survival Knife and a Repair Tool to your inventory
- instagib - Kill any creature in one hit
- kill - Kills and respawns you back at the lifepod
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .