Paradox's Surviving the Aftermath -- the Surviving Mars sequel that has nothing to do with Haemomint's game aside from the first word in its title -- is finally ditching its Epic Store exclusivity and is now available on Steam Early Access.
The colony-building, survival-focused strategy game developed by Iceflake Studios costs $24.99 USD / £21.99 GBP / €24.99 Euro, but owners of Surviving Mars can get 10% off on checkout just by owning the original game.
“Our community has been the biggest contributor to Surviving the Aftermath’s growth during the year we have been in Early Access," says Lasse Liljedahl, Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath. "Since our launch at PDX CON last year, we’ve worked alongside our players to release 11 major content updates, each introducing new mechanics or features to the game. With Steam Early Access we will continue to co-develop the game alongside our players as we work together to build the best survival management game possible.”
Update 11: Quests Key Features
Alongside the Steam Early Access launch, Surviving the Aftermath also got new free content in the form of Update 11: Quests, which allows players explore the world outside their colony for additional resources with a series of branching questlines in the World Map. You can find the new features below:
- Branching Questlines: Quests incentivize players to leave the comfort of their colony and explore the World Map. Specialists can complete a series of chained events that create unique storylines. Missions often present options to players, leading to branching narratives and giving weight to your choices.
- A Whole New World: Segments on the World Map are now larger with more points of interest. Actions like Scouting, Scavenging, and location Hazards have been adjusted to optimize Action Points and use Specialists more efficiently.
- Throwin’ Hands: The Combat system has been updated, adding more depth to interaction with hostels on the World Map. Bandits now regenerate health and have increased damage, making them a greater challenge for Specialists. This is the first of many improvements, more to come so stay tuned!
- Essential Management: Players can now filter, display, and highlight essential information about the colony and its surroundings. Overlay modes include Building Health, Buildings, Water, Energy, Living Entities and Pollution.
- A Little Something Extra: Update 11 also includes improvements to the tech tree, colonist info panel, scavenge info panels and a bunch of other improvements requested by players.
Surviving the Aftermath is available right now on Steam Early Access, Epic Store, and the Xbox Game Preview.