Terraria released its final content update Journey's End in May, nearly ten years after development began. Fortunately this doesn't mean work has stopped altogether and a series of hotfix updates have been pushed out into the world since. We have already reported on the removal of the 'bad torch' luck that incensed many players, but today we're looking into patch 126.96.36.199.
The patch notes for 188.8.131.52 are long and varied, but the variations are almost all to the same theme - bug fixes. Below you'll find the list of key additions to Terraria that change gameplay mechanics.
Terraria: Journey's End Patch Notes - Hotfix Released
- Added a rolling world save backup system to improve reliability of world file backups in case of corrupted files. By default, there will be one additional backup save in addition to the previous saves, and this can be increased up to a maximum of 9. You can change this value in the config.json or serverconfig.txt with the setting "WorldRollbacksToKeep"
- The Torch God now haunts Terraria
- Added an item that gives you a new sidebar option setting that will auto-convert placed torches to the biome type
- Black Slimes and Blue Jellyfish now have a chance to spawn in Hardmode for Bestiary completion
- Dungeon fishing loot now takes priority in overlapping Dungeon biomes
- Fishing now prioritises ammo slots when selecting bait to use
- Technically a fix, changed a very long running code typo that made Crate Potion have an entirely incorrect recipe. Now takes Amber, Moonglow, Shiverthorn, and Waterleaf.
- The Truffle now likes living in the Mushroom biome (instead of being neutral)
- Forest Pylon can now be used in the sky as well
- Flying Dutchman now unlocks its Bestiary entry in one kill
- Lihzahrd Mechanical Traps can no longer be broken with explosives before Golem has been defeated
- Pirate Invasions after the first one are now less common
- Explosive Trap deaths should handle mass item drops more efficiently now, and will attempt to preserve Mediumcore item drops
- Changed Empress' Emote quicktext to "eol" to match other boss emotes
- Changed a minor crafting inconsistency where Crimtane Brick was not as efficient as Demonite Brick
Terraria is available onfor £6.99 or buy a 4-pack if you have 3 friends you want to explore the procedurally generated world with - or just use as boss fodder.
The full patch notes can be found on Terraria's.