The Elder Scrolls Online's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 is set to kick off in just a few days, giving PvP-minded players a chance at earning double alliance points, XP and several awesome rewards.
The ESO Midyear Mayhem Event 2020's start date is slated for Thursday, June 25 at 10:00 AM EDT/3:00 PM BST, its end date coming almost two weeks later, on Tuesday, July 7 at 10:00 AM EDT/3:00 PM BST.
To join the Midyear Mayhem Event 2020, you'll first need to go through a bit of a process that we'll cover, alongside stuff that you can earn during the event, just below.
The Elder Scrolls Online Midyear Mayhem Event 2020
Here are the steps you'll need to take in order to how to hop into ESO's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020:
- Visit the in-game Crown Store to acquire the “Details on the Midyear Mayhem" quest
- Travel to your Alliance War faction's main gate in Cyrodiil using the Alliance War menu or a Battlegrounds camp outside major cities
- You are no longer required to travel to Cyrodiil to kick off the event
- Find the NPC named “Predicant Maera" and continue the quest
- If you already completed the quest last year, you won't need to do it again
- Complete the quest to receive your Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity and a Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box
- Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
- Alliance Points gained
- XP gains for PvP player kills
Aside from the double XP and Alliance points earned from defeating other players in PvP, the Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 also lets you pursue two new outfits and new emotes. Bosses found in the Imperial City will drop Second Legion Outfit Style Pages, while those found in the Imperial City and Imperial City sewers drop Legion Zero Outfit Style Pages.
Standard-Bearer emotes can be unlocked by earning 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, usually found in the very first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open after each day's reset, on a per-account basis. Combining 10 with a Standard-Bearer’s License lets you create a Runebox with the emote.
Another collectible to pursue during The Elder Scrolls Online's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 is the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath. To earn it, you need to complete the Midyear Mayhem achievements below which require access to the Imperial City DLC that you can grab for free from the Crown Store:
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of the Whitestrake at one of the Alliance Gates during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Echo of Pelinal's Fury: Read a Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Hand of the Whitestrake: Acquire your 25th Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box.
- Wrath of the Whitestrake: Defeat 50 opponents during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground match during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep in Cyrodiil during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
In addition to the usual sources, you can earn Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes from:
- Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
- Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
- Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
- Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
- Imperial City daily quests
You can find more info on The Elder Scrolls Online's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 in its official announcement post.
As a reminder:
- The Elder Scrolls Online's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 Start Date - Thursday, June 25 at 10:00 AM EDT/3:00 PM BST
- The Elder Scrolls Online's Midyear Mayhem Event 2020 End Date - Tuesday, July 7 at 10:00 AM EDT/3:00 PM BST
The Elder Scrolls Online is out now on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Google Stadia.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, or giving us a like on Facebook. Thank you.