Victoria 3's console commands and cheats are useful tools to have on hand, regardless if you're just starting out or returning for yet another playthrough. Whether you want to effortlessly grow your empire or more easily deal with small nuisances, they provide quick ways to do so.
Victoria 3's console commands and cheats list gives you multiple options to work with, complemented by a handful of shortcuts available as part of its debug mode. But in order to instantly annex countries and give yourself money, you'll first need to know how to enable the console itself.
Victoria 3 Console Commands and Cheats
If you've played past Clausewitz engine games, like Crusader Kings 3, you should already know how to get access to Victoria 3's console.
On Steam, right-click on the game in your library, select Properties, and add -debug_mode in the dialog box under the Launch Options section.
If you've completed the above steps, you should be able to access Victoria 3's console by pressing the tilde (`) key.
But before exploring Victoria 3's console commands and cheats list, it's worth noting that the game's debug mode makes certain actions possible at the press of a single button.
It's far less generous than Crusader Kings 3's, but you can change your country's government type using buttons on the lower portion of the menu that opens up when you press the tilde key.
In addition, you can press Ctrl+left click on any country and switch to playing as it, while Ctrl+Alt+Left click instantly annexes the selected region.
Remember to remove the brackets below when inputting Victoria 3 console commands and cheats:
- add_approval (interest group name) (amount) (time period) - Adds or removes specified amount of approval for specified amount of time to specified interest group
- add_clout (interest group name) (amount) (time period) - Adds or removes specified amount of clout for specified amount of time to specified interest group
- add_ideology (interest group name) (ideology name) - Adds specified ideology to specified interest group
- add_loyalists (culture) (amount) - Adds specified amount of loyalists
- add_radicals (culture) (amount) - Adds specified amount of radicals
- add_relations (country tag) (amount) - Changes relations with specified country by specified amount
- add_war_support (country tag) (amount) - Changes war support of specified country in all its wars by specified amount
- annex (country tag/id) - Annexes specified country
- annex (country tag/id) - Annexes all other countries
- change_law (law key) (country tag) - Changes a law in specified country to the specified key; country tag optional
- changestatepop (state ID) (pop type/all) (factor - Changes the size of the specified pop type or all pops by the given factor; capped at maximum employment for each pop type
- conquerall (country tag) - Gives player control of all provinces of specified country
- create_country (country definition) (country type) (culture) (state ID) - Creates country with specified parameters
- create_political_movement (law type key) - Creates political movement
- cthulhu - ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
- debug_mode - Toggles debug mode
- disable_ai (all/tag) - Disables AI
- disable_pop_growth - Toggles the cheat mode disable_pop_growth
- disable_retooling - Toggles the cheat mode disable_retooling
- enable_ai (all/tag) - Enables AI
- event (event name) (country tag/province ID) - Executes specified event targeting specified country or province
- fastbuild - Toggles the cheat mode fastbuild
- fastenact - Toggles the cheat mode fastenact
- fasthire - Toggles the cheat mode fasthire
- fastinstitutions - Toggles the cheat mode fastinstitutions
- fastinterests - Toggles the cheat mode fastinterests
- fastmobilize - Toggles the cheat mode fastmobilize
- fastresearch - Toggles the cheat mode fastresearch
- fastrevolutions - Toggles the cheat mode fastrevolutions
- fastsecession - Toggles the cheat mode fastsecession
- fasttravels - Toggles the cheat mode fasttravels
- help - Provides a list of all commands
- help (command name) - Provides selected command's effect description
- ignore_government_support - Toggles the cheat mode ignore government support
- kill_character (character name) - Kills specified character
- money (amount) - Adds specified amount of money; 10000000 if no amount if specified$
- music.playtrack (track name) - Plays specified track*
- norevolution - Enables/disables revolutions
- nosecession - Enables/disables secession
- observe - Toggles observe mode
- own (province id/state region tag) (country tag) - Changes owner of specified province or state to specified country
- permitmarginalizedingovernment - Toggles the cheat mode with the same name
- popstat - Shows amount of active pops
- portrait_editor - Opens portrait editor
- province borders (true/false) - Shows or hides province borders
- research (specific technology key or era number) - Grants specified technology or all tech leading up to specified era
- script_docs(script_documentation) - Prints script documentation
- screenshot - Takes screenshot
- set_devastation_level (state region tag) (amount) - Sets devastation level in specified state to specified amount
- set_pollution_level (state region tag) (amount) - Sets pollution level in specified state to specified amount
- settings - Spawns a settings GUI
- skip_migration - Toggles migration skipping
- spawnentity (entity name) (state) - Spawns specified entity at cursor position; state optional
- spawnentity_at (entity name) (x) (y) (state) - Spawns specified entity at specified coordinates; state optional
- switchlanguage (language name) - Reloads localization files and switches language
- tag (country tag) - Lets you play as specified country
- time - Shows system time
- testevent (event name) (country tag/province ID) - Tests event targeting specified country or province
- testobjective (subgoal key) - Tests objective; subgoal key optional
- treatyport (state region ID) - Takes treaty port in state region
- version - Shows game version
- wagerate (building ID) (new wage rate) - Sets specified building's wage rate to specified number
- yesmen - Makes AI agree to all of the player's diplomatic proposals and sway offers
One thing to keep in mind is that you likely won't be able to use Victoria 3's console commands in ironman games, which is common in Paradox's grand strategy titles.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.