We also learn it has four campaigns, an all new map spanning "over one million square kilometres" supporting 10x the detail, over 20 factions and a lot more.
Our empire will consist of structures, outposts and bridges across thousands of sites on the campaign map, which will help us starve out our enemies and bolster our legions.
The real-time strategy will release digitally under Kalypso's Kasedo Games label, and will do so for PC this Spring priced at £24.99 / €29.99 / $19.99. The Rise of Caesar "takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where Julius Caesar wages a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes."
• Direct from the hand of Caesar – Four campaigns follow the conquests of Julius Caesar as he wrote them in Commentarii de Bello Gallico. Bridge the Rhine, invade Britannia and conquer the Gauls in over 100 objectives or choose from over 20 factions in the epic sandbox mode.
• All new map – Explore over one million square kilometers that are seamlessly zoom-able, from the Mediterranean coast to the shores of Britannia.
• Improved graphics engine – Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar supports 10x the terrain detail over previous installments and features a diverse and immersive landscape to explore.
• Build an empire – The construction system allows players to build forts, walls, and bridges at thousands of sites across the map to cement Roman control over the barbarian kingdoms.
• Promote your legions – Players can train officers to augment their unit’s skills as well as appoint governors and construct buildings to expand and improve their cities.
• Starve your enemies – Supply camps and logistics system makes sieges and supply lines more intuitive and more important than ever.
Kalypso announce details for Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar, out in Spring
16 January 2014 | By Simon Priest
- Related Games:
- Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar