Resident Evil 2 Remake is one of the best games of the year, but by now you've almost certainly finished it and probably even got the Tofu character. If you're after a new challenge, or new way of playing, the Resident Evil 2 Remake First Person mod is exactly what you need.
The RE2 Remake First-Person mod allows you to play the entire game as a first-person shooter just like Resident Evil 7, and it works surprisingly well - the only problem is, it can be a little tricky to find and install. Here's how to install and play the Resident Evil 2 Remake first-person mode!
How to Install and Play Resident Evil 2 Remake First Person Mod
The Resident Evil 2 Remake First Person mod was created by a user named Praydog, so all credit to them. It works just fine, but it requires a bit of knowledge to actually get working. It's easy and quick to do, but only if you know what you're doing - and annoying, the mod doesn't come with a Readme on how to do it. So we're here to help!
Here's what you need to do:
- 1. Download the First-Person Mod from here.
- 2. Download the RE2-Framework zip from AppVeyor.
- 3. Extract all files into your main Resident Evil 2 directory. Go to the game in your Steam Library, right-click and choose Properties/Local Files/Browse Local Files to get there easily. dinput8.dll is the most important file to do first.
- 4. Run Install_vs2017, which will add a new folder.
- 5. Start Resident Evil 2 as normal!
You'll have an extra menu when you start the game, which you can move around and close, although note the 'Insert' key reopens this. Start any game of RE2, either new or old, and you'll immediately notice that the game is in first-person! Mess with the settings in the new menu to get it how you like it - we personally advise turning head movements to 0. You can also enable/disable the mod in this menu, if you get tired of it.
Now get ready to play Resident Evil 2 Remake in a more RE7-style! It works well, too, and it's a bit of a challenge! Just watch out for Mr X, he's even more intimidating...