It adds new costumes and abilities like the pirate, eyeball and yeti outfits. Plus there are new characters, a boss, 8 battle stamps and 18 'Creepy Treat' cards.
Right now the Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice DLC is available to buy and download on the Xbox Live Marketplace with the PSN release scheduled for December 22nd for £3.19. Costume Quest is nominated for the Spike VGAs as 'Best Downloadable Game'.
"Twins Wren and Reynold are back for an all-new adventure with friends Lucy and Everett, in Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice. When Lucy gets sucked through a magic portal, she is captured by Araxia, the monster leader who has overthrown the monster elders and is quickly making enemies," reads the THQ press release.
"Players are taken to Repugia, a warped universe where monsters rule the land. In a twist of fate, the same kids who battled monsters in Costume Quest to save Halloween now find themselves aligned with their former foes to save Lucy against the evil Araxia and restore peace to Repugia." Costume Quest is from Brutal Legend's Double Fine Games.
Here are the new features with Grubbins on Ice:
• New costumes with special abilities:
- A pirate costume with a zipline ability that allows players to slide down wires using their hook hand
- An eyeball costume that has a zoom-out ability letting players see more of the environment and potentially find secrets
- A Yeti costume with the ability to shield the entire party in battle
• New characters, including the new boss Araxia; new monsters such as the Repugiarchs; and new neighbors – non-player character monsters with unique outfits
• Eight new battle stamps and 18 new “Creepy Treat” cards to collect
• All-new storyline and quests filled with Double Fine’s trademark humor and charm