It seems only Xbox 360 Batman: Arkham City is being affected. Warner and Rocksteady are left scratching their heads trying to recreate the problem. Some blame DLC.
Rocksteady want to fix this game breaker as "quickly as possible," but their QA department "has been unable to reproduce" the disappearing act of saves on Xbox 360.
"We greatly appreciate and value you as a customer and apologize for any inconvenience if you have encountered any technical problems which might have impacted your experience with the game," says the studio. "We would very much like to fix the “disappearing save files” issue some consumers have been reporting with the XBOX 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue."
They need the help of fans: "For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team's ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support (email@example.com) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on."
The QA teamby the Xbox 360 community:
• What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
•What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
• What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?
• Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
• Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
• Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City's two title updates?
Batman: Arkham City releases on PC November 22nd in the US, 25th in Europe.