We're a nameless hero in a small harbour village. It features guns and boats that take us to new islands. Animations are captured and Risen 2 is 80% done.
The story is promised to be more complex and will carry multiple consequences for the decisions we make along the way. Faces in the game are a lot more realistic than the first Risen with animations having been motion-captured.
Piranha Bytes is about 80 percent done with Risen 2. Much like the original, the sequel is doubtlessly bound for Xbox 360 and PC but might also adventure on PS3 this time?
Here's a bunch of info gleamed from an article of Risen 2: Dark Waters, with translation and summary courtesy of the:
- you are again the same nameless heroes of Risen
- he is now living in a small harbour village called "Caldera"
- you are now wearing the Ocular of the inquisitor (story relation not known yet)
- the game is now spread about multiple islands
- there is still the inquisition located on one of the islands
- ..... (more later)
- the story is more complex and will have different consequences depending on your choices
- you will meet familiar faces like Carlos, Gregorius Steelbeard,...
- pirate setting
- its no longer on Faranga from Risen
- you can travel to different islands by ship (if you can have an own ship is not known yet)
- in the sea lives different sea monsters who attack ships
- it will also have an fast travel system on the islands
- the islands will have different climate zones with different settings and monsters
- guns,canons and othe fire weapons in the game
- there is still magic
- skill system same as Risen
- should feel more realistic than Risen (for example chests who are empty or have rubble in it, but to every chest is a story)
- the world is bigger as in Risen
- side quests should be more complex than in Risen
Graphic / Technical
- animation is now motion captured
- NPCs and monsters more detailed
- bump mapping, realisitc relatime clouds instead of a skybox
- more realisitc faces
- no loading times on the islands and invisible walls only short loading by changing the island
- NPCs talking with each other (for example you can hear a conversation between too NPCs when the treasurer leave his treasure)
- every NPC has a daily routine like in Risen
- in the night different monsters than on the day like in Risen
- there will be Gnomes again
- some familiar and some completly new monsters
- also normal animals like apes,boars,... depending on the climate zone
- Risen 2 is about 80% done they doing voice recording right now