Total retail sales of PC and console related games, consoles and accessories have dropped 19% compared to the same period last year. Console sales alone have fallen 34%, while console software has dropped 19%.
PC and console accessories have dropped 3%, while PC software has fallen 20%, bringing in only $12.2M in the month.
The top games sold from the 7th July through to the 3rd August include:
1. NCAA Football 2014 - (X360, PS3), Electronic Arts
2. Minecraft (X360) - Microsoft
3. The Last of Us (PS3) - Sony
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, Wii U, PC) - Activision Blizzard
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) - Nintendo
6. Far Cry 3 (X360, PS3, PC) - Ubisoft
7. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - Electronic Arts
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Warner Bros. Interactive
9. NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
10. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (X360, Wii, DS, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS Vita, PC) - Warner Bros. Interactive