Vampire-themed and medieval-set hack 'n' slash Blood Knights is set for Xbox Live Arcade this week, announces Kalypso Media. However it's sinking fangs into other platforms two weeks later November 13th.
We're promised "quick, deadly combat" in this "ferocious cooperative monster slaying" game. Humans and vampires are locked in battle, so we get RPG elements to give us an edge.
"Blood Knights is a hack ‘n slash action - RPG, where the age-old war between humans and vampires is out-of-control and threatens to plunge the world into the abyss. The game combines spectacular combat with RPG elements in single-player or co-op mode. Blood Knights is developed by Deck 13 interactive, who have made a name for themselves with such titles as ‘Venetica’, ‘Jack Keane’ and ‘Ankh’," says Kalypso.
"Set in a mystical version of the Middle Ages, Blood Knights is an exciting story about the Knights Templar and a legendary Vampire Hunter who finds himself bound by blood to the powerful vampire Alysa during a daring mission. The two must work together to break the blood spell and defeat the hordes of evil creatures who stand between them and their goal."
• Utilise close and ranged weapons to slay monstrous foes and enhance your abilities with XP gained through fast and furious combat
• Quickly swap between two playable characters with differing skillsets
• Suck the blood of your enemies in order to power up and unleash devastating vampire powers
• Ride solo, or take on the horde with a friend in thrilling Co-op
• Interact with the environment using your attract and repel skills
• Multiple choice dialogues will affect and alter the world around you
• Classic Vampire story narrated with atmospheric cut-scenes
• Equip yourself with 160 available weapons and 40 different amour elements
Blood Knights releases on Xbox 360 November 1st for £11.99 / €14.99 / $14.99. PC, Mac and PS3 November 13th.