Polish indie team Ohnoo Studio have kicked off an Indiegogo campaign for their dark, nightmarish adventure game Tormentum: Dark Sorrow. There's a new trailer out now that showcases the game's bizarre world.
With influences such as Polish painter Zdzislaw Beksinski, and the late H.R.Giger of Alien fame, the team hope to create an unsettling world filled with strange monsters, ash and fire-strewn wastelands and bizarre contraptions of flesh and metal.
The Indiegogo campaign is asking for a rather paltry, by today's standards, $9,000. There's 59 days left to go. Here's what the team plan for the final version of Tormentum:
- Dark adventure from the border of dream and reality
- Unique, hand-drawn illustrations
- 3 lands, differing in terms of architecture, weather, and creatures dwelling in them
- Moral choices which will have an impact on the game’s end
- A variety of riddles integrated into the game in a form of different locks, traps, gates, etc.
- Outstanding soundtrack with more than 20 tracks
- Characters with unique personalities, which will help or try to prevent the hero in reaching his goal
- Incredible atmosphere
- Languages: English, Polish
- 4-6 hours of gameplay