El Presidente needs beta testers for Tropico 5, which has just received its first ever gameplay trailer teasing the passages of time we'll be going through as we lead our Caribbean nation - from colony to cosmopolitan.
The clip gives a brief glimpse to the greater customisation of El Presidente, as well as the numerous building projects we'll be commissioning. Can we hold office into the 21st Century?
Right now Kalypso and developer Haemimont Games need beta testers with. We control a Dynasty in Tropico 5, and not just a single benevolent island ruler.
Tropico 5 releases on PC, Xbox 360 and PS4 in Q2 2014.
Tropico 5 highlights:
▪ The Eras - From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities. Begin your reign during colonial times and advance your nation through the modern era and into the future!
▪ The Dynasty – Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed to key leadership positions, earning skills and experience in their assigned roles.
▪ Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Transform your old buildings into modernized, hyper-efficient designs worthy of an economic superpower!
▪ Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure import/export trade routes to neighbouring islands and key nations.
▪ Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new mineral and ore deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.
▪ All new art - All artwork is reworked to provide Tropico 5 with a distinct historic visual identity. Choose from over 100 unique buildings from each of the individual eras.
▪ Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Up to four players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can share resources and citizens, or declare war on each other.