Polish indie Squatting Penguins is a three man team and they're putting together a very Populous-like god-sim strategy that errs more on the funny side with The Mims: Beginning. They're on Steam Greenlight.
30 days remain for the Indiegogo campaign where they're asking for $5,500, and so far they've got $4,800 from 234 backers. We must lead the Mims as they build a colony.
The team are going with a very colourful visual style with the god sim strategy, where they say these creatures will exhibit full autonomy as we guide them to a thriving community.
"In our game you play a God-like caretaker of a colony of creatures called Mims who are space travellers stranded in a strange place when their ship was hit by a meteor. With the use of godlike PSI powers you can influence living things in your range of power and strengthen your colony," described Jakub Machowski from Squatting Penguins.
"It holds the typical strategy game rules. You can build structures, plant, invent technologies and seeds, protect your animal herds and sell them when they’re grown. You will also encounter boss characters and adventures that makes every mission different." The Indiegogo campaign started December 23rd and will conclude February 11th.
• Expansion of a colony
• Autonomy of characters
• Researching new technologies
• Upgrading buildings
• Simulation of God
• Special powers at player's disposal
• Protecting colony from wildlife predators and vermin
• Planting your own fruit crops
• Various species of plants with different ways of yielding fruit
• Creating and taking care of livestock
• Selling livestock at the intergalactic market
• Timeline allowing to predict the future events
• Keeping away pests and predators by controlling smell sensor
• Various floating islands with many unusual adventures (campaign Mode)
Visit theto learn more, and check out to pledge.