There's also a new station model and derelicts can now appear after a ship is defeated, although not all models are in. This update doesn't include riftways.
Riftways are fast travel points maintained by SupraTravel corporation, and are primarily for convoys and cargo freight liners, describes the team.
"The highlight is the overhaul of the asteroid system. We’ve replaced the place-holder asteroid models with new ones. And perhaps more importantly, we've done a lot on optimizing the asteroid fields to improve overall game performance." LGM will also address low shield recharge rates for ships out of combat by giving them an enormous boost in the next update. Starpoint Gemini 2 is available through Steam Early Access and LGM use fan feedback for updates.
Latest update changelog:
▪ FIXED: Tooltips for comparing offensive and utility systems for garaged ships now work properly
▪ FIXED: Selling a ship from the garage will now properly display new credit balance
▪ FIXED: Long station/TGate titles spread across 2 lines now
▪ FIXED: Several issues with the Patrol Freelance mission
▪ FIXED: Several errors with hints being displayed wrong
▪ FIXED: Anomalies can no longer be exploited for Experience over and over again
▪ FIXED: You can no longer use the Radar and the Energy distribution panel when the game is paused
▪ ADDED: New station model
▪ ADDED: A derelict can now appear after a ship explodes. Ship file (*.shp) received an additional Derelict section that shows which derelict can appear. Not all derelict models have been created so far, so don't be surprised if a Taurus gunship, leaves in its wake an Adept cruiser ;). You can then loot the derelict.
▪ ADDED: More quest items for Taxi and Ferry Freelance missions
▪ ADDED: Repair progress bar indicator is now visible when repairing structures
▪ UPDATED: The asteroid render system received an overhaul
- Changed existing place-holder asteroid models with new ones
- Added Level-of-detail models for asteroids
- Asteroid mechanics received some optimization to improve performance
- Asteroids can now rotate
▪ UPDATED: Several sectors around Fjord asteroid field switched to a different ambient
▪ UPDATED: Derelict mechanics changed to accommodate new derelict mechanics (derelicts appearing on ship destroy)
▪ UPDATED: Changed multiple Enhancement names