has now released Update 1.06 for classic RPG Pillars of Eternity. Included are "two major fixes" that the team behind the Unity engine have issued, which involved a corrupted font and asset streaming.
There are also some significant balance changes to the RPG, like for the Paladin class. Quests and companions get another sprucing for bugs, and the UI has been tweaked. The update is due on GOG.com and Origin shortly.
Update 1.06 highlights:
▪ Fixed a crash that some people were experiencing on startup. This had to do with Unity attempting to load a corrupted font.
▪ Fixed slowdowns that could be caused by certain network adaptors or programs like Hamachi.
▪ Fixed an issue where grimoires were getting corrupted when sending a wizard to the Stronghold.
▪ Fixed an issue where a door in the Stronghold's Great Hall could become locked after the Steward unlocked it. This is a retroactive fix that should fix a saved game on load.
▪ Fix for cases where hurting a Crucible Knight during the Forge Knight attack on Crucible Keep would cause Lady Webb to assume you had burned the bridges with the knights' faction, thus forcing the invite to the hearings to come from Dunryd Row.
This fix is also retroactive for cases where Lady Webb still waits to hear your word about getting an invite - head over Hadret House and speak with Webb to continue with the Crucible Knight's support as intended in your playthrough.
▪ Attacking any main faction after acquiring their invite will now properly result in a quest update that asks you to talk to Webb about getting an invite in some other fashion (Dunryd Row support).
Visit the officialto view the full Update 1.06 changelog.