Daybreak Games, formerly Sony Online Entertainment before Sony sold it to Columbus Nova, has announced the Halloween festivities planned for its various online games.
- EverQuest (Oct. 28 – Nov. 11) will have its annual Nights of the Dead celebration featuring popular holiday events involving tricking and treating, with the reappearance of 35 previous Halloween marketplace items as well as new ones now available.
- EverQuest II (now – Nov. 2) has Nights of the Dead, too, with new Halloween-themed Player Studio Items, costumes, and weapons available now.
- PlanetSide 2 (now – Nov. 12) will have Nanite of the Living Dead, where players collect pumpkin seeds from shooting pumpkins to purchase Halloween Helmets. In addition, there are Halloween themed missions.
- DC Universe Online (now – Nov. 2) Every day is Halloween in Gotham, so Halloween in Gotham has to be even more Halloween-y with the new Witching Hour celebration. Players can earn Spooky Bites everyday during the event to spend at Skeet’s Boo-tique to purchase creepy tricks, treats, and items for their base or guild hall.
- H1Z1 (Oct. 27 – Nov. 12) Zombies with pumpkin heads will yield special tricks and treats when killed. Battle Royale offers players a chance to find a rare scarecrow mask from airdrops.
- Landmark (now – Oct. 29) On October 29, the Landmark developers will host a special livestream to visit “Halloween Island”, the place that was created specifically for Halloween builds to celebrate all things spooky. Visitors can see the builds and hang out with other players as the event unfolds live. There will be giveaways for players during the event if they find the livestream hosts on Halloween Island.