Metal Gear Solid V has received an update that adds content to the single player portion of the game. Despite launching back in September 2015, Konami have been supporting the game through patches for both the single player campaign and the multiplayer.
Some of the new online development items include the Tornado-6 Revolver (Ocelot’s gun), UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun and a Sneaking Suit. Five out the six items released in this update will be primarily used in stealth runs.
Did you know that the Metal Gear Solid community are a creative bunch? Check out
• SNEAKING SUIT Security Guard Stealth Camo • UA-DRONE Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV • FOM DECOY Dummy Field of Movement Emitter • FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads) • TORNADO-6 Revolver • UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun
• UA-DRONE Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV
• FOM DECOY Dummy Field of Movement Emitter
• FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads)
• TORNADO-6 Revolver
• UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun
The update also brings new additions to the Forward Operating Base system, including the ability to dispatch a strike force to your F.O.B ahead of your infiltration. This will be useful to players wanting an easier time playing the game, as the strike force will come in to knock out security devices or eliminate guards. You can also extract soldiers with brand new skills, allowing you to create an even stronger force.
Short leagues have been added to the PF Rating screen. If you want to participate in a league but you don’t want to spend a week playing, now you don’t have to. Short leagues allow players to participate in leagues that last only one day.
The last addition comes in the form of special online-only tasks in the Challenge Task list. Konami claims there are tasks that can be completed with ease, to massive tasks that will “keep you trying for hours”.
Check out the patch notes for Metal Gear Solid V.