Xur, the alien merchant who roams Destiny 2 selling wondrous Exotic Gear Pieces, is in a new location this week, and this time he's selling the rare and hard to obtain Titan Helmet 'An Insurmountable Skullfort'. This Exotic Gear was also in Destiny 1 and it's normally only available in a random drop. See below for how to find Xur, what you'll need, all his other Exotic Gear, and what this particular helmet does!
Xur is located in the European Dead Zone, in the Winding Cove. He's a lot easier to find in Destiny 2 since he appears on the map. Here he is:
His items have a maximum Power Level of 270 — a base Power of 265, plus a Legendary mod that raises the value by five - and importantly, scales to your player’s power level. When you find him, here's what he has for sale and how much they cost:
- Vigilance Wing – Exotic Pulse Rifle (29 Legendary Shards)
- Foetracer – Exotic Hunter Helmet (23 Legendary Shards)
- Nezarec’s Sin – Exotic Warlock Helmet (23 Legendary Shards)
- An Insurmountable Skullfort – Exotic Titan Helmet (23 Legendary Shards)
It's the last one we're most interested in. Normally the Destiny 1 Exotic Helmet 'An Insurmountable Skullfort' is only available from Quest Drops or Heroic Public Events, but it's finally available to buy.
Here's what it boasts:
- Exotic Name: An Insurmountable Skullfort
- Type: Titan Helmet.
- Item Description: BRAINVAULT Sigma-ACTIUM-IX Cranial Dreadnought (Invincible Type)
- Special Ability #1: Transfusion Matrix - Kills with Arc melee abilities trigger health regeneration and restore melee energy.
- Special Ability #2: Arc melee abilities recharge faster.
- Lore: Hello. We understand you require Real-Time Combat Instructives. This is a BRAINVAULT Sigma-ACTIUM-X Cranial Dreadnought (Invictus Type). It is a fortress for your skull. Your skull is now a mighty bastion. You can break anything with your skull. The only limit is your spine. Relax. The lights will speak for you. Your hands are your eyes now. Look around. You find hand-to-hand combat relaxing. The lights will attract the enemy. Help them to relax as well. You will feel the effect of a CAREGRAVER Gamma-LYSANDER-IV Health Enforcer (Frontline Variant). Your enemies do not have a skull fortress. Their skulls are like meadows. Play in the meadows. Gather the flowers from the meadows. Gather them with electrokinetic trauma. Smell the flowers. Isn't that nice? You are safe in your skullfort.
Xur will be around this area selling this particular Exotic Gear Pieces until Sunday, so get collecting those Legendary Shards. They can be obtained by dismantling Legendary and Exotic gear if you're desperate.