Middle-earth: Shadow of War was a somewhat disappointing sequel to 2014's Shadow of Mordor, but was still good enough for Chris to give it an 8. Today, Warner Bros. announced a roadmap of the upcoming free updates that will accompany the previously planned DLC expansions:
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. (Available 21st Nov)
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord. (Available 21st Nov)
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update. (Available 21st Nov)
- Online Fight Pits – Challenge another player’s Orc follower, Overlord vs. Overlord, to a fight to the death in the arena to earn powerful rewards and upgrades. (Available 5th Dec)
- Brutal Difficulty – A new higher difficulty level even more challenging than Nemesis with no last chances. (Available 12th Dec)
In addition to those, two new paid DLC have also been announced in the shape of the Slaughter and Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansions, which add two new tribes to Shadow of War's orc character generation system.
Previous story packs Blade of Galadriel and The Desolation of Mordor are still on track for release on February and May of 2018, respectively. Shadow of War is already out on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and you can see the new trailer about the expansion content below.