If you own Total War: Warhammer II, the Reprisal Update is now available for you to try in beta form. Here's how to access it:
- Open your Steam Library and find Total War: Warhammer II (don't play it yet)
- Right-Click to open the menu and click 'Properties'
- Click the 'Betas' tab
- In the dropdown box where it currently should say "NONE - Opt Out Of All Beta Programs", click it and select "mortal_empires_pte"
- The game should now update
- Wait for the update to complete, now you can play Warhammer 2 with the Reprisal Update early!
If there are any issues Creative Assembly suggests disabling or removing any mods you might have, starting a fresh campaign, or going to the Properties box again under the 'Local Files' tab and clicking 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.
If you'd like to give them any feedback go here to do so. Remember, this is only a Beta of the Reprisal Update so any feedback will be read and could even be changed. Oh, there could be bugs too, expect that and be prepared to report them.
Original Story Follows:
Creative Assembly have given new details on the Reprisal Update, the next big update for Total War: Warhammer II, that brings the Mortal Empires mega-campaign fully up-to-date with all the improvements of the first game's Foundation Update - and more. Details below.
Creative Assembly posted what's to come next in a blog post for Total War: Warhammer II. The next big update, the Reprisal Update, will integrate all the changes and improvements from the first Warhammer's Foundation Update - which saw the original founding races get a major boost - along with some extra improvements. Here's what we can expect:
- Foundation Update Integration
- Warriors of Chaos design changes (see original Foundation Update notes for details)
- Wood Elf followers
- Empire Startpos overhaul (full province ownership at start of campaign)
- New skill trees and campaign effects for Old World Legendary Lords
- 5 New skill-tree skills for Helman Ghorst
- Immortality skill added to Old World characters
- Bordeleaux now begins at war with Mousillon (yay!)
- Plus a handful of bugfixes
Creative Assembly say there will be an opt-in open beta for this update "very soon". After this they will be integrating the various Total War: Warhammer DLC races, such as Wulfrik, Throgg, Norscans, and the Regiments of Renown. They're also looking to give the Old World Legendary Lords their own unique start positions too.
It's been a big month for Total War fans. There's an expansion Total War: Rome II out next week, and the first part of the Total War Saga spin-off series Thrones of Britannia was revealed.
After this is all done we strongly suspect that Total War: Warhammer 3 will be next on the cards, probably next year, which will probably be set in the East according to our investigation.