Age of Wonders: Planetfall today received its Velociraptor 2 update, whose patch notes reveal the introduction of a good number of fixes and smaller changes.
The only new feature added in the Velociraptor 2 update is that of allowing players to set the number of autosaves to one of their choosing between 1 and 100.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall Velocirator 2 Update Patch Notes
Here are a couple of the additions introduced to Age of Wonders: Planetfall in the Velociraptor 2 update, as per its patch notes:
- Added an option to set the max number of autosaves stored on your machine. Can be set between 1-100, with the default remaining the same at 25 autosaves. You’ll need to restart the game for this change to be applied.
- Fixed a crash on winning the game while transferring or absorbing a sector.
- Fixed issue where the game would crash when a unit gets spawned - e.g. creating a unit with an operation - on a full unit army.
- Fixed an issue where clicking “Continue” on the main menu would fail to load a campaign cloud save.
- Fixed a bug where quest reward would be lost if the turn timer elapses before accepting the reward. The reward dialog will will now appear again at the start of the new round.
- Disabling doomsday victories will now remove the doomsday skill from the research tree, instead of it being unselectable for research. This to make clear that the doomsday operation can’t be used, before the player researched its prerequisites.
- Fixed an issue where colony militia could be dragged into a three-way battle while being allied to both the attackers and defenders.
- Fixed combat replay not playing for map locations where you lost vision.
- Prevented AI from automatically declaring war when several armies trespassed in their domain.
- Lowered the trespassing casus belli cap from 6 to 4.
- Fixed bug where Advanced World settings 'None' not working correctly for 'Landmark (Low Value)' and 'Settlements'.
- Picking red as your primary army color will now make your units move faster in combat ; )>
- Fixed a bug where the Tier IV item One Eyed Hawk wasn’t able to shoot Commanders and Heroes.
- Fixed issue where the research not set notification was not still showing when the player researched all items in the research tree.
- The DVAR Foreman now speeds the healing of units in its stack on the world map.
- Monitoring stations should now be much easier to spot on the world map.
- The healing drone in the empire APC (the one you get from the support vehicle loadout) can now only be summoned once per battle.
- Voidtech Hazard no longer affects Voidtech Modded Units
- Celestian T4: Compelling Presence - Now correctly converts mind controlled units into colonists.
- Wraith Tank now needs to select an empty hex in order to use its Wraith Drive ability.
- Made the penguin eyes glow more, to make them look more evil ; )>
- Fixed an issue in campaign where the kill quest would no longer have valid units
- Fixed an issue in campaign where destroy spawner base quests would not have any defenders spawned.
- Fixed crash in Campaign when certain hero items couldn’t be transferred from the previous map into the next.
- Fixed an issue in the first Kir’Ko mission (Arcadia Caeleste) that sometimes kept the “Shadows of the Past” quest from completing. Players affected by the bug will need to go back to a save from before killing the quest stack with the mirror image for the fix to apply. Sorry!
- Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck on the map when defeating L0G3N-1 on Khansu’s Pyre - i.e. the second Assembly mission - despite having won the mission. Players affected by the problem will need to go back to a save game from before before completing either the “Defeat L0G3N-1” or “Recover Neural Plexus” quest to resolve it.
- Fixed an issue for Dvar02 where selecting the Kleptomaniac perk would not give your commander a mod as advertised. This mod, like the loadout from the perks, is now stored in your arsenal. While your current equipment will be the equipment you had in Dvar01
- Fixed a crash in Dvar02 that would occur during the opponent's first turn. After having previously defeated Mephilas the Redeemer in Dvar01.
- Fixed crash in the final Campaign mission if a colony was destroyed that had a doomsday structure in one of its sectors.
The list of fixes extends to multiplayer, text and modding on PC. You can check out all the changes in the Velociraptor 2 update in its full patch notes over on the Paradox Forums.
While the Velociraptor 2 update is out now on PC, the console version of Age of Wonders: Planetfall will receive both it and Velociraptor 1 as one patch at a later point in time.
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4. For our thoughts on it, give our Age of Wonders: Planetfall review a read.