Publisher and developer Ubisoft today detailed what players can expect from the Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Season Pass alongside other post-launch plans for the upcoming action-adventure game.
Part of the title's Gold, Ultimate and Collector editions, Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Season Pass will include the launch day quest called The Legend of Beowulf alongside two bigger expansions.
Wrath of the Druids – the first of the two – arrives in Spring 2021 and will send Eivor to Ireland, where the Viking leader must track down a druidic cult. "Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings." the publisher explains in an emailed press release.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Season Pass and Post-Launch
Assassin's Creed Valhalla's second expansion, The Siege of Paris, arrives in Summer 2021, having players "infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future."
The Discovery Tour – educational feature that allows exploring the game's world without having to engage in combat – will also launch next year.
As far as free content available to all owners of Assassin's Creed Valhalla goes, the game's post-launch plans involve seasons that span three months each.
Season 1 kicks off in December 2020 and will introduce the following features:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Valhalla's Season 2 is slated for a March 2021 launch. It will add a new game mode that focuses on combat, another update to Jomsvikings, more festivals, gear and cosmetics.
Post-launch plans also include a third and fourth season that will be detailed at a later stage.
Recently, Ubisoft revealed that stealth won't be mandatory in AC: Valhalla, but will open the way towards using powerful combat abilities.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla launches on November 10 and is headed to PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, and Google Stadia. The PS5 version will follow on November 12 (NA, AU) and November 19 (EU).
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.