Publisher Curve Digital and developer Denki today released The Industrial Revolution expansion as a free update for colony sim Autonauts.
Said to be the game's "biggest update to date" the free Industrial Revolution expansion adds new MK 3 Bots to Autonauts and allows players to build advanced railroads and trains, both handy when having to move resources around your colony.
Autonauts The Industrial Revolution Expansion
The Industrial Revolution expansion also introduces Steam Workshop support, opening the way to player-made Autonauts mods, and mechanizes the mining of coal and metal resources.
Here's a rundown of everything new added in The Industrial Revolution expansion:
New Modding Support
- Players can now upload and download custom scripts, upgrades, buildings and other content to the game via Steam Workshop.
New Train Networks
- For the first time players can build advanced rail networks and infrastructure to ferry goods and resources around their expanding colonies
- 20 different new structures and 4 new core vehicles including Train Engine and multiple freight options
New Colonist Evolution
- Expand the evolution of your colonists with the addition of two entirely new categories on the in-game ‘Pyramid to Transcendance’: Health and Education. Make use of leeches and flowers to dispense medicinal aid to sick colonists and ensure they continue generating Wuv, and raise their undernourished intellect with books.
New Tools & Upgrades
- Steam Hammer
- Jacquard Power Loom
- Super Backpack to store more items
- Memory Upgrade so bots can perform more advanced routines
- Printing Press
- Paper Mill
- Two-Storey Brick House and Mansion
Suitably Dickensian attire
- Shirt and Tie, Coat and Scarf, Blazer and Cravat
- Horse and Carriage
To celebrate the launch of The Industrial Revolution expansion, Autonauts will be discounted by 30% for a limited time and starting today, bringing its price down to €13.99/$13.99/ £12.59.