Update: The second Baldur's Gate 3 hotfix is now live, adding further fixes for crashes. Check out our article to see them detailed and read on below for the RPG's first set of post-launch changes.
Original: Baldur's Gate 3's first hotfix update is now live, its patch notes revealing promised fixes to some of the game's crashes and more.
The hotfix addresses crashes that occured during character creation, conversations, when using rush-type actions as well as other issues.
Baldur's Gate 3 First Hotfix Update Patch Notes
Here is the full list of changes introduced to Baldur's Gate 3 in its first hotfix, as detailed in the full patch notes:
- Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions
- Fixed a crash related to the target camera
- Fixed a crash in character creation
- Fixed a crash during dialogs
- Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views
- Fixed "Pickup" and "Pickup And Add To Wares" inside containers
- Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
- Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
- Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby
- Fixed being able to move immovable objects
Baldur's Gate 3 is now available in Early Access on PC, via Steam and Gog.com, and Google Stadia.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.