Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order today revealed several content releases for acclaimed city builder Cities: Skylines, as part of its upcoming "World Tour." Players can expect two new content creator packs, a mini-expansion developed by Colossal Order, and more.
Cities: Skylines World Tour kicks off on next week, on November 15, with the release of its Heart of Korea and Skyscrapers content creator packs, two Radio Stations, as well as an accompanying free update.
Cities: Skylines World Tour
The update introduces different capacity vehicles – like buses and trams –, types of roads with multiple lanes, tracks, and bicycle lanes, alongside other additions.
December 13 is when the Financial Districts mini-expansion comes out alongside a new map pack and a third radio station. Cities Skylines: World Tour will continue into 2023 with the launch of the Africa in Miniature content creator pack.
Created in collaboration with independent Nigerian developers, it also comes with its own radio station. Here is how the publisher describes these upcoming content releases:
- Heart of Korea Content Creator Pack by Elvis: Inspired by a South Korean metropolis, this pack introduces 60 assets including service buildings, growables, and unique structures. Heart of Korea releases on November 15 for a suggested retail price of 5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR. The “K-Pop” Radio Station will also release at the same time for a suggested retail price of 3.99 USD / 2.89 GBP / 3.99 EUR.
- Skyscrapers Content Creator Pack by Feinbold: Enjoy more than 15 skyscrapers influenced by iconic high rises from all over the world. Skyscrapers releases on November 15 for a suggested retail price of 5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR. The “80’s Downtown Beat” Radio Station will also release at the same time for a suggested retail price of 3.99 USD / 2.89 GBP / 3.99 EUR.
- Financial Districts: Colossal Order's next mini-expansion boosts the economy of your city with a financial district, introduces the “investment” feature and more than 100 assets to the game, allowing you to use your funds to invest in the best industries for your population. The Financial Districts releases on December 13, together with the Content Creator Pack “Map Pack 2” that adds 10 new maps to explore different biomes (such as temperate, tropical, desert and more).
- Africa In Miniature: Created in collaboration with independent Nigerian content creators Emmanuel Bassey and Setonji "Prince Set" Hotonu. This Content Creator Pack allows you to tour Africa’s exceptionally varied architecture and vibrant colors. Influenced by Cameroon's diverse geography (and borrowing the name of the actual “Africa in Miniature” as it's known all over the world), Africa in Miniature introduces more than 40 buildings inspired by existing urban masterpieces and the region’s unique architectural concepts.
- As a sneak peek of what’s to come, players can purchase the African Vibes Radio Station on December 13, with 16 tracks that will inspire every city planner!
- Africa in Miniature is planned to release in 2023 with a new Radio Station called JADIA (Just Another Day in Africa). This is a collection of 16 tracks from Cameroonian
Prior to the start of the Cities: Skylines World Tour, the city builder will be free to try on Steam between November 10 and November 14.
This latest string of post-launch content releases comes after an announcement from June, when the publisher revealed that Cities: Skylines had sold more than 12 million copies since launch.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, giving us a like on Facebook, and joining us on Discord. We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.