Medieval grand strategy role-playing game Crusader Kings 3 now has a release date, publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Paradox Development Studio revealed today.
Players looking to try their hand at guiding a medieval dynasty through time and making sure it survives and thrives can do so starting on September 1, when Crusader Kings 3 is set to launch on PC. Pre-orders for the title are also live.
Crusader Kings 3 Release Date and Pre-orders
While it won't launch with every feature of its predecessor, Crusader Kings III brings changes to some of its core systems that aim to provide more freedom to players. Here's a list of features you can expect, as detailed in a press release:
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
- Schemes and Skullduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
- Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
- 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
- And much more: Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders, easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.
Crusader Kings III is now available for pre-order on the Paradox Store and major online retailers for the price of $49.99/ £41.99/ €49.99.
We had the chance of going hands-on with the title earlier this month. For our detailed impressions, check out our Crusader Kings III preview and article discussing the improved new player experience.