Crusader Kings 3's Update 1.4.2 is now live, its patch notes revealing a smaller number of bugfixes alongside changes to how ambitious characters deal with stress, mass ransom, and how the AI handles vassalization.
Coming two weeks after the major Azure patch, Update 1.4.2 stops CK3's ambitious characters from being stressed when defending in a war and signing a white peace.
Mass Ransom is now instant, aside from when it's targeting players, while characters whose opinion goes above 80 will now leave factions as intended.
Below, you'll find all the changes and additions introduced to Crusader Kings 3 in today's Update 1.4.2, as detailed by Paradox in the full patch notes:
- Ambitious characters will not be stressed if they are defending in a war and they sign a white peace.
- Opinions from gift is now caped to 100 (200 with the perk Thorough) and decays 2.5x faster
- The AI will now be able to properly offer vassalization to Clan and Tribal rulers.
- Fixed a rare case when AI units don't join a fight if player units have been attacked while moving
- Fixed HUD date occasionally jumping in multiplayer
- Mass Ransom is now instant (except if the recipient is a player). This makes it significantly more responsive, and also avoids an issue where it could only send one ransom request to each recipient. Also fixed Mass Ransom in some cases giving 0 gold. Note that if the recipient runs out of money or otherwise no longer wants to accept the ransom, not all characters might get ransomed off
- Fixed the game rules window's "reset to defaults" button being visible when the rules are not possible to change
- Renamed the portrait_modifier files. Scripted_character are assigned to index 50 and events to index 90. Keep in mind that the content contained in the one with the highest index will have the priority over the other.
- Fixed a rare crash when using the every/any_faith_character script list
- Fixed initialisation garrisons for saves from versions before 1.4.0
- Fixed domain limit grace period not getting applied for newly gained titles
- Characters with an opinion above 80 will properly leave factions
- Counties will now leave factions if they don't meet the criteria to join
- Fixed the issue with custom characters not starting the game with Men at Arms
- Alliance with relatives will stop breaking immediately after being enacted
- Allow rulers to fire their chaplain / priest once when they have the doctrine Temporal, for life
- Properly check that there is "no Special Building instead" of "no Special Building slot" for the Defender of Rod decision
- Jester hat will be less fashionable after 1300 and thus, won’t used by the majority of the characters anymore
- Fixed the faith character list potentially overflowing and crashing the game due to dead people pretending to be alive
- "Use Hook" is accessible in the Declare War window when you want to push a claim while your liege has a high crown authority
- Allow modifiers from events to change haircuts and beards once again
- Fixed misleading conditions in tooltip of Fabricate Hook interaction
- Sparta will be a valid holy site in existings saves, new games will still use Olympus instead of Sparta
- The "End of Fun" event will not stack up several times in multiplayer even if the player does not choose an option immediately
- The Decision Develop Capital cannot be done by a child anymore
- Added an information on why Fabricate Hook can be unavailable when a you are targeting characters without location
- Dead children should not show up anymore during Meet Peers events
- Restored a missing localisation key when hovering Declare War without selecting any Casus Belli in English
- Fixed a bug when two and more armies involved in a siege and their casualties get applied multiple times
- Fixed a rare crash occurrence at game start
Crusader Kings III is available now on PC.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .