As large-scale MMO-ish releases often do when they're still young, Defiance 2050 does have a few issues that the developer, Trion Worlds, is intent on tackling head-on, with their very first hotfix having been released not two days after the game's official release.
Due to the nature of the hotfix, which included server optimisations to hopefully alleviate server latency issues, as well as due to the game's infrastructure, there was downtime scheduled so that the hotfix could be applied properly. Downtime for all platforms and regions started at 07:45 PT/10:35 ET/14:45 GMT/15:45 BST, and lasted for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
Defiance 2050 Hotfix 7/10/2018 patch notes
Following is the complete list of fixes as per the upcoming Defiance hotfix.
- Adjusted server optimizations to attempt to fix server latency issues.
- Fixed an issue not allowing multiple people to group together.
- Resolved players not being able to get into the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue with individual co-op instance portals not working.
- Resolved issues with quest instances (Such as Delta Bunker West for Into the Depths and Dogtown Mine for Bullet for a Badman) loading forever or not loading.
Also worth mentioning is the update from the day before, which boasted its own list of fixes and improvements.
Defiance 2050 Hotfix 7/9/2018 patch notes
- A fix has been implemented for loot related crashes at arkfalls. As a result, we are turning back on Ark Chests from arkfalls.
- Restored missing NPC for Side Mission "Lost in Transit." Side mission is now completable.
- Fixed the teleporter for Tarr Family: Hidden in Plain sight. You should now be able to enter the instance and finish the mission.
- Fixed objectives for Pursuit - "Marin Exploration II." Player's will now receive credit for completing the listed side missions. We are working on a solution for players who have already completed any of the objectives previously.
- Fixed PS4 NA critical error issue preventing some players to be unable to log in. Those affected players should now correctly receive Valor and account based transfers to their account. Please link your Trion account again if you had unlinked previously.