Lunar Awakening infuses shrines across Sacntuary's overworld and dungeons with ancestral power. It is Diablo 4's second limited-time event, following December 2023's Midwinter Blight.
Diablo 4 Lunar Awakening Event 2024 Start and End Dates
Having locked its start date to February 6, 2024 at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/6 PM GMT, Diablo 4's Lunar Awakening is slated to stick around for precisely two weeks, until its end date occurs on February 20, 2024 at the same hour.
- Diablo 4 Lunar Awakening event 2024 start date: February 6
- Diablo 4 Lunar Awakening event 2024 end date: February 20
Diablo 4 Lunar Shrines and Rewards
While it's live, activating Lunar Shrines grants a multiplicative 50% bonus to experience while also increasing movement speed by 30%, offering "a plethora of buffs", and enabling us to earn Ancestors Favor reputation.
They can be easily identified thanks to their unique map icon and dragon adornments.
During D4's Lunar Awakening event, Nightmare Dungeon Sigils can also get the Ancestor’s Favor affix, which guarantees that only Lunar Shrines can spawn in their associated dungeon.
These dungeons also grant an additional 10% Glyph XP when completed, speeding up the leveling process. Sigils that have the affix will retain it once the event has ended.
In addition to the bonuses mentioned above, Diablo 4's Lunar Shrines also grant their associated regular shrine power which is augmented with an additional bonus effect, as follows:
- Artillery Shrine – Casts have a chance to summon a holy bomb.
- Blast Wave Shrine – Each explosion summons a cluster bombardment.
- Channeling Shrine- Increased attack speed and chance to reset cooldowns.
- Conduit Shrine – Summon frequent, powerful, shocking strikes.
- Greed Shrine – Chance to summon a Treasure Goblin. While the Shrine is active, 25 kills summons a Treasure Goblin, and 50 kills summons a second.
- Lethal Shrine – Chance to instantly execute a struck monster, causing Fear on surrounding monsters. Note: this includes Elites, but excludes Bosses and other Players.
- Protection Shrine – You reflect all incoming damage. Damage reflected scales with Level and World Tier.
As soon as they're activated, Miserly spirits spawn around them, making it sound like Diablo 4's Lunar Awakening event has found a solution for those awkward situations in which you turn into a deadly ball of energy only to navigate empty hallways and have the buff expire just as you reach a group of foes.
Better yet, special Whisper bounties will also be available, allowing us to earn Ancestors Favor reputation while working towards Tree of Whispers caches.
To spend the reputation, we'll have to travel to Ked Bardu. The town's northern section houses an NPC named Ying-Yue. As the leader of the Lunar Night Market, he helps us redeem Lunar Renewal-themed rewards.
We'll get to progress through ten Ancestor’s Favor reputation levels and unlock six cosmetic rewards tailored to the event. Additional garments can be purchased from Tejal’s shop.
Diablo 4's Lunar Awakening event start and end dates arrive as Season 3 is in full swing. Check out our patch notes timeline article to learn how it and prior patches have helped the game evolve since launch.
Keep updated on the latest Gaming News by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or by giving us a like on .